Anybody recommend a fuel filter that can flow with gravity? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke Fanatic

Anybody recommend a fuel filter that can flow with gravity?

Looking at installing a slip tank in the bed of my truck and piping it into the main tank but would like to install a fue filter between the two tanks. Anybody recommend an inline filter or spin on filter assembly that would still flow with only a gravity feed?

2009 Ford F-350 CCSB FX4 - S&B Intake, Dirty Diesel CAC tube & EGR delete, DPF/DOC delete, Magnaflow duals, SCT X3 w/innovative tunes, Edge Insight CTS
1997 Ford F-350 CCLB XLT - DIY 6637, turbo back flopro, Rosewood Stage 1 injectors, NLTD tunes, WW2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 05:26 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Anybody recommend a fuel filter that can flow with gravity?

I run one with a 3/8" ID line and clear plastic canister inline filter and it works well. Plumbed into the front elbow on my OBS front tank. Think it's a G32 gas inline disposable filter and it works well in filtering out water and other keerap.

jrc

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 PMF, RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, 4:10, intake, DP 4 exhaust DIY E-fuel, ZF-5 now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
B&W turnover 5th wheel with Anderson hitch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 VW Touareg TDi Rawtek exhaust Malone tuned.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Exploding the magma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieslnevan2009 View Post
Looking at installing a slip tank in the bed of my truck and piping it into the main tank but would like to install a fue filter between the two tanks. Anybody recommend an inline filter or spin on filter assembly that would still flow with only a gravity feed?
They all will, obviously the tighter the filter, the slow it will drain. Are you looking for high level filtration or just a rock catcher. If your going for the later something like the Wix 33033 works fine.

2002 F-350 ECLB SRW 7.3 4R100
6637 203* t-stat 08 diff cover Stancor HPX 6.0 trans cooler, Zone offroad leveling kit, Western UM 8'6" plow

Sold: 2004.5 Ram 2500 w/ 5.9 CTD, Reg Cab 48re

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke Fanatic

Doesn't need to be a high level of filtration as their is 2 more downstream of the main tank. But just something to keep any material that might be left from the construction of the tank or that settles out during normal use.

2009 Ford F-350 CCSB FX4 - S&B Intake, Dirty Diesel CAC tube & EGR delete, DPF/DOC delete, Magnaflow duals, SCT X3 w/innovative tunes, Edge Insight CTS
1997 Ford F-350 CCLB XLT - DIY 6637, turbo back flopro, Rosewood Stage 1 injectors, NLTD tunes, WW2
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Exploding the magma

Then anything that cross references to that wix should do the trick.

2002 F-350 ECLB SRW 7.3 4R100
6637 203* t-stat 08 diff cover Stancor HPX 6.0 trans cooler, Zone offroad leveling kit, Western UM 8'6" plow

Sold: 2004.5 Ram 2500 w/ 5.9 CTD, Reg Cab 48re
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke Fanatic

Yeah I looked up those Wix filters, forgot about those. The boat actually uses that 33033 for the fuel filter. No reason not to use them with diesel fuel? Tried 'googling' that G32 inline filter but nothing really came up

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 03:40 AM
PSN Veteran

Sorry Dieslnevan2009, that would be Fram G3 inline gas line filter. Works well on my system, simple, easy to install, monitor and it does a good job of filtering.

jrc

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 PMF, RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, 4:10, intake, DP 4 exhaust DIY E-fuel, ZF-5 now

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCart View Post
Sorry Dieslnevan2009, that would be Fram G3 inline gas line filter. Works well on my system, simple, easy to install, monitor and it does a good job of filtering.

jrc
Ahhh... now I found it on google. Thanks JCART, I like that you can see through that one!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 03:49 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieslnevan2009 View Post
Ahhh... now I found it on google. Thanks JCART, I like that you can see through that one!
I tried steal FMCo version at one time but like the see through as it will catch water which you can readily see in there. They are inexpensive and I usually pack a spare. I've found that my system does not overflow out the filler (stock) tank neck and only on very rare occasion when both stock front and auxilliary are totally full on hot summer day front end down just slightly it will leak just a bit out the front tank vent.
I really like this mod and provides significant range as I now can pack 405 litres total or 105 US gallons.

jrc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode