hot shot secret vs rev x oil additive - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

hot shot secret vs rev x oil additive

ok guys i have 06 350 with just a lil stiction issue at startup. I just ordered some hot shot secret but would just like to know yalls opinion on what yall have seen and tried. I know yall have your own preferences but i just went with the money back gaurantee one. has anybody tried both hot shot and rev x and which seemed to work better???

2006 F350 cc lwb King Ranch 4x4... 4inch straight pipe dual exhaust...SCT with custom tunes by KEMRACING and new FICM by KEMRACING & S&B Intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 11:33 AM
FNG

Re: hot shot secret vs rev x oil additive

Rev X is the better option of those two by far. Out of about 100 trucks I know that used it. It worked in 98 of em

As far as HSS out of the 50 or so I know that tried in it. It worked in about 5 of em

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

dang not really what i wanted to hear

2006 F350 cc lwb King Ranch 4x4... 4inch straight pipe dual exhaust...SCT with custom tunes by KEMRACING and new FICM by KEMRACING & S&B Intake

post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Dang nobody else ha opinions!

post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Ski Bum

Send a message via Skype™ to J HO 22

Rev-X and not just because I sell it. I've used in my own 6.0 and it works.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

502-316-8872
CALL OR EMAIL FOR PARTS PRICING
2005 EXCURSION
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 06:59 PM
SyN
Lubrication Addict!!

I have tried both: First HSS is a good product..But not as effective as Rev-X... In my opinion... My 7.3L reacted really well too HSS--after the first initial 200 miles I started noticing faster start-ups and quieter idle... As more miles were added throttle response began to get better... After 5K miles in the crankcase-I was impressed with the results from a 7.3L that had not been well maintained by the previous owner... I only wish I had done a UOA with this oil change... With that said... I believe this product is not a waste of money if you have just bought a 7.3L with poor maintenance program from the previous owner.... If you have owned the 7.3L or 6.0L from day one and have changed your oil religiously? I see no reason for it...

Rev-X: After seeing a Virgin Oil Sample of this product, I was very very impressed and really wanted to try it...With 288K miles on my 7.3L I had really nothing to lose... I poured in 2 bottles with this winters oil change... I have 1K miles so far on this oil change... Throttle Response is the best it's ever been and still seems to be getting better... Start-ups are about the same... Idle is really impressive... The wife even noticed a difference in both.... That tells me something is taking place for sure... In my eyes it's very good preventive maintenance...

Everyone has a different opinion and Everyone's 6.0L or 7.3L reacts differently... I believe it does as advertised...

2001 F250 XLT CC 4X4 AUTO SWB
{295K miles}.
Donaldson AIS Intake w/ZooDad
4" MBRP Turbo Back Exhaust.
DieselSite By-Pass Coolant Filter/{ELC}&RMI-25
DieselSite By-Pass Transmission Filter/Lg Magnet
Delete Mods-->{Foil & AIH}
203*{T-Stat}w/Billet Housing
SS HPX line-CCV{to atmosphere}
Marinco Heater Plug
Oil-->T6 5W-40 w/Amsoil Filter
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Administrator

you will find a bunch of opinions and plenty of sponsors putting in input because they have a financial investment mostly or actually only on REV-X being da chit

but at the end of the day
Hotshots has a money back guarantee and a more informative website more product for less $$ Rev- x has non of that

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Administrator

a recent unbiased HSS review

Hot Shots Secret test. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 09:31 PM
bring the chain

i ran hss in my standard cab. it was in there 500 miles.. i didnt do ####.

changed the oil added rex x. within a week the truck was starting like a new one.
i dont have issue with anyones products,i look past the advertising aspect,and let the product do the talking.. bar none rex x all the way the way to the point i bought in with dealer status.
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 11:45 PM
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

Have not tried the HSS but I can tell you with 100% certainty that I don't really care for the Rev X brand of product being sold. That product has cost me a lot of money in missed injector sales profits and labor installation. I try to be fair and honest with my customers but enough is enough. I don't know how much longer I can be honest and still keep offering Rev X to my customers.

David Lott
Quote:
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode