what do yall think? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

what do yall think?

Hot Shot's Secret | Diesel Engine Oil Additive

was browsing the internet and run across this. didnt know where else to post this.

1997 ccsb, swamps tunes 6 pos chip, cass stage 1s dynoed at 285rwhp before any of the following upgrades not sure what i sitting at now.Innercooled,qssb turbo,adrenaline hpop,beans idm mod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 05:26 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: what do yall think?

Fluids discussion.

02 f250
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 04:21 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

thanks

1997 ccsb, swamps tunes 6 pos chip, cass stage 1s dynoed at 285rwhp before any of the following upgrades not sure what i sitting at now.Innercooled,qssb turbo,adrenaline hpop,beans idm mod.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 10:09 PM
SyN
Lubrication Addict!!

My neglected 7.3L had very good results from 2 cycles of HSS... After I called the company and talked with a employee... They sent me a free 64oz jug... After 1k miles I noticed a smoother quieter idle and well as throttle response gradually was getting better... @ the 5k mile mark of this OCI... The 7.3L was a different animal... Even the wife noticed the difference over time... She drove the truck more then I...

Now my 7.3L was not well maintained the first 200K miles... If I had had it since day 1... I'm sure we would not have heard or felt the same results...

I since have tried Rev-X due to Andy sending me 2 free bottles for this Winter OCI... So far the start-ups seems faster... Idle is about the same... But I believe HSS had played a big part in to this.. It did what it claimed to do...

Oil additives is a really tricky discussion... Many Many different opinions...

A well maintained 7.3L probably will not show or have any noticeable results with any of these 2 products... But in my mind both aid in preventive maintenance...

I would personally look into Rev-X first... I have seen a few Virgin Oil Samples of this product... It is the real deal... very impressive additive package... I have talked to Andy a few times about the additives.... I would recommend this product to any 7.3L or 6.0L... There are thousands of personal testimonials on Rev-X as well... All positive results...

2001 F250 XLT CC 4X4 AUTO SWB
{295K miles}.
Donaldson AIS Intake w/ZooDad
4" MBRP Turbo Back Exhaust.
DieselSite By-Pass Coolant Filter/{ELC}&RMI-25
DieselSite By-Pass Transmission Filter/Lg Magnet
Delete Mods-->{Foil & AIH}
203*{T-Stat}w/Billet Housing
SS HPX line-CCV{to atmosphere}
Marinco Heater Plug
Oil-->T6 5W-40 w/Amsoil Filter

Last edited by SyN; 12-21-2011 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Forget About It!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode