Amsoil OE 15-40 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Amsoil OE 15-40

I can get the OE line of Amsoil for 3.89qt!! I can't really find any info about the OE 15-40. Thinking of carrying it in our quick lubes, as well as using it in my 02' 7.3. Any REAL knowledge from you oil gurus would be appreciated. I'll be installing a single Amsoil by-pass set-up onto this truck since I have it.

06' F250 Harley Davidson Edition(Factory 2.5" lift)CCSB-blue sping kit, ARP, gaskets up, Driven Diesel Coolant Return, Sinister Diesel Coolant filter, Rotella ELC, SCT X4, 55gal Aluminum Fuel tank, B & W turnover. ...Hauling New RV's daily.
02' F250 687,000 miles towing...traded to friend for a boat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 10:30 PM
Sponsor

Re: Amsoil OE 15-40

Pretty much the same stuff as regular Amsoil except it's not designed for long life oil changes like the regular stuff. But supposed to be just as good.

HOLDERS DIESEL PERFORMANCE
Building and flowing 6.0 injectors in house
holdersdiesel.com
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Exploding the magma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SledDogg View Post
I can get the OE line of Amsoil for 3.89qt!! I can't really find any info about the OE 15-40. Thinking of carrying it in our quick lubes, as well as using it in my 02' 7.3. Any REAL knowledge from you oil gurus would be appreciated. I'll be installing a single Amsoil by-pass set-up onto this truck since I have it.
Wow that is a really good price on an oil like that.

AMSOIL - AMSOIL OE 15W-40 Synthetic Diesel Oil (OED)

I have no experience with it...mainly due to its cost but it looks like a good oil. Nice high high temp shear, which would be good for a 7.3. At 3.89 a quart even 5000 mile OCIs make reasonable sense...but I think you could easily get 7500-10,000 miles out of that oil in a good condition 7.3.

2002 F-350 ECLB SRW 7.3 4R100
6637 203* t-stat 08 diff cover Stancor HPX 6.0 trans cooler, Zone offroad leveling kit, Western UM 8'6" plow

Sold: 2004.5 Ram 2500 w/ 5.9 CTD, Reg Cab 48re

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 07:44 PM
SyN
Lubrication Addict!!

SledDogg: I have used Amsoil since I was 18... My father sold it as well as my grandfather... Their products are top notch...with that said, so are schaeffer-M1-redline-Delo-Rotella-ect...Todays oil are incredible if managed accurately...

The Amsoil OE seems and sounds like a very good 10K mile oil within a diesel... I would not even think about going past 10K miles without a UOA... I have not seen a VOA nor a UOA yet of this product... Even if you add an single or dual oil by-pass system to your 7.3L and pour in this oil... I would take a UoA @ 7K miles just to observe how well this oil is reacting to your 7.3L and your driving habits...One thing to remember this is not a Extended Drain Oil...If you are interested in EDO look at the Amsoil AME 15W-40-->Awesome EDO... Close friend of mine took this oil with a amsoil single by-pass system within his 7.3L to 30K miles...{Alot of Towing @ highway driving} 60-70mph...{semi-modded 7.3L}...

Just remember this is not an Extended Drain Oil!! As for your Quick Lube?
We who use high end synthetics are a different breed of people compared to the average public... We want the so called {Best} for our expensive investments... 3/4 of the general public don't think that way... They just know that at 3-5K miles their oil needs changed... 7 times out of 10 they don't even know what kind or type of oil the quick lube centers pour into their auto... They just know it's changed...{pay}... drive off... Unless you live in a Large populated area... Chances are these fine folks will have no idea what even Amsoil is... nor it's value... They are just brain washed by what they see on TV or word of mouth from friends... But with that said... You will not know until you give it a shot... I would say get as much information about this product as you can and give your customers access to it as well... This is just my Thoughts nothing More...

Good Luck with your Quest!

2001 F250 XLT CC 4X4 AUTO SWB
{295K miles}.
Donaldson AIS Intake w/ZooDad
4" MBRP Turbo Back Exhaust.
DieselSite By-Pass Coolant Filter/{ELC}&RMI-25
DieselSite By-Pass Transmission Filter/Lg Magnet
Delete Mods-->{Foil & AIH}
203*{T-Stat}w/Billet Housing
SS HPX line-CCV{to atmosphere}
Marinco Heater Plug
Oil-->T6 5W-40 w/Amsoil Filter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode