Where to get Fuel Filters - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Fasthog.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Moroney167
Where to get Fuel Filters

Just curious if there is a recommendation for where to get your fuel filters for the right price. Ford? Napa or stupid autozone?

Thanks

Jim
'12 F-350 RCLB
Stock - 22K mi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Re: Where to get Fuel Filters

Home - Diesel Filters,Additives,brake rotors, and brake pads for Chevy, Dodge and Ford Diesel Trucks

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Fasthog.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Moroney167

Thanks man. Not bad pricing but im so far past due I couldn't even play the cheap guy thingI needed them done. Went the NAPA route which wasn't to bad. Hurt but cheaper than new mo-mo's.

Man it does feel good to do a full service ont he truck. Just feels good. Oil, Filter, Both fuel filters. Now hopefully not have to put to many miles on this summer and make that last me longer than they do in winter time!

Jim
'12 F-350 RCLB
Stock - 22K mi.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Administrator

those were Ford filters from NAPA ?

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 06:31 PM
Diesel Therapist

I second that. I have been using them since my first filter change. Cheapest anywhere and Motorcraft OEM parts to boot.

08' Job 2, F-250 CC SB Lariat two tone 3.73 4X4
S&B CAI, Spartan 300 (DD), Recon smoke cab lights
Powerstroke67/ homebuilt 4" DPF/CAT delete w/6"rolled tip and 4"SS exhaust (all home installed),Dual Headrest DVD, Rhino liner.
Amsoil 5w40 EOI (10K)

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 01:45 AM
PSN Local

Our local Wal-Mart has started carrying the Motorcraft OEM filters. I can't remember the price but I do remember that it was about half the price of the stealership.

Mark
05 F-250 Lariat
6" lift W/ 35's
Stock W/ Sinister coolant filter system, BPD 6 phase FICM, blue spring upgrade
51 gal Titan fuel tank
Edge Insight CS
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Diesel Therapist

On a side note I was at Wally world yesterday. I went to buy an oil filter as they are almost the same price online. I have read that the FRAM and pretty much any brand filter now are the same as the Motorcraft filter do to patents. Well opened one of each at the store and they were identical. All the way down to ht print type, and ink on the filter itself. They look like they cam e off the same line. Both had the exact patent numbers and number lay out. They both say made in the USA in the same spot with the same print color and type. The FRAM was a dollar cheaper. I think they are all made by Raycor and sent out to given company for boxing perhaps. Nothing on the filter itself says FRAM or Motorcraft. I wonder if fuel filters are the same deal?

08' Job 2, F-250 CC SB Lariat two tone 3.73 4X4
S&B CAI, Spartan 300 (DD), Recon smoke cab lights
Powerstroke67/ homebuilt 4" DPF/CAT delete w/6"rolled tip and 4"SS exhaust (all home installed),Dual Headrest DVD, Rhino liner.
Amsoil 5w40 EOI (10K)

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 02:00 AM
MPG Moderator

I always get mine from PSN sponsor Bob Riley.

2000 F-350 SC 4x2 6 speed
3.08 gears Gear Vendor Overdrive
Slammed 4"
Rugged Air Dam
315,000 miles
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 02:21 PM
PSN Local

I bought mine from sunrise ford who is also a PSN sponsor. I got fuel filters and an oil filter for $75.00 shipped ups to my door. When I do just the oil i get it at Wal Mart.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Sponsor

You could also get the fuel filters, oil filter and a trans filter for less than that including shipping.

Ford 6.0L/6.4L Maint package. We use Racor (maker of Motorcraft filters) for the oil & fuel filters, wix on the trans filter.

Ford Maint Pkg

Your Source for Diesel Performance Parts, Filters, Accessories, Maintenance, Amsoil Synthetics
Dane Evans

, PM or Call (805)531-9551

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode