Biodiesel Info - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Biodiesel Info

I have been running B100 for almost a month. I have 2 trucks, a 1999.5 F-350 & a 96 F-250 both 7.3s. I started with the the B100 in the 99, I filled up on a Sat. evening drove about 1 mile before shutting down for the night. The next day headed into town to get some filters and other stuff, I didn't go 4 miles before the filters were full-Wife had to tow Me home, no fun at all. I had read that biodiesel would clean out the fuel tank on your truck but didn't think it would happen that fast.After 2 sets of filters on the FASS system all has been well with the 99. With this truck I have been very satisfied with the B100, haven't noticed any big difference in power or MPG although it will take more than a couple of tanks of fuel to know for sure. After I was confident that the 99 worked well with the B100 I started useing the bio in the 96, I had picked up 2 extra filters and put in the back seat just in case. A man that helps Me normally drives this truck everyday. I informed him what to watch for and this was no problem as he used to be a mechanic. Two fillups later he informs Me to get more filters as he had put second filter in. I got to see the filters He had removed from the truck, it was hard to believe the truck ran as long as it did. These filters looked like they were in the bottom of a septic tank for a couple of years. The truck got where it wouldn't run at all so I pulled it to My mechanic, I showed him the filters that had come out and he said it was bad bio.I said no as My 99 was still running the stuff. After arguing a while I had to prove a point so I took both filters off the FASS took tin snips and cut them open. I had extras in the back seat. The filters had zero trash in them. The 96 has continued to run poorly as I cant keep a good fuel flow to engine. I am at the point of taking out the rear tank as it appears the pickup is stopped up.The grim that I have seen on the filters is even up in the fill neck as we usually completely fill up to the top. Sorry the story is so long just needed to vent. I don't regret the bio just thought I would give a heads up

99.5 F-350 SRW 6 speed mods:PHP live tuned., MSD propane system, snow water injection,DDP stage 1 injectors,AFE stage II air intake,ITP boost regulater,3.5 turbo back exaust,FASS fuel system. Gulf Coast oil bypass filtration, ITP reg. return, HPX oil line , GTP 38r with 1.15,EBPV delete. 430,000 miles,Adrenaline HPOP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 04:47 PM

Re: Biodiesel Info

I have got alot of Info from here http://www.biodieselcommunity.org/
You may want to check it out

Terry
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Starting Over

if the bio is milky color the people making it aren't getting a complete reaction and the bio is crap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Update; the 96 is now doing very well with B100. I had to replace the stock fuel pump as it started to pull air thru weep hole on the pump. I did drop 1 tank just to be sure everything was OK. The gunk was from the inside of the tank. The pump problem was suspected before the start of bio,it was just at the wrong time that it gave up. Overall I am very pleased with the bio.

99.5 F-350 SRW 6 speed mods:PHP live tuned., MSD propane system, snow water injection,DDP stage 1 injectors,AFE stage II air intake,ITP boost regulater,3.5 turbo back exaust,FASS fuel system. Gulf Coast oil bypass filtration, ITP reg. return, HPX oil line , GTP 38r with 1.15,EBPV delete. 430,000 miles,Adrenaline HPOP

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode