Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Quadzilla on a 7.3?

15K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  racehauler 
#1 ·
Some old guy was telling me today that he put quadzilla on his 7.3 and it would smoke all four tires...anybody know? He also said his gas mileage went from around 16 to around 24! If thats true ill buy it tomarrow...Anybody tried it or know at all?

#4 ·
I had Quadzilla for a couple weeks back a couple yrs ago. I hated the module, seriously.The power gain was crappy also. My mileage did not go up any at all. Sorry to say it, but whoever is telling you can get that 24 mpg out of just a module is full of it:bsflag:

#9 ·
They are pretty much a copy of the Edge Juice w/ Attitude as far as for a PSD from what I've seen.

Expensive 10K mod that comes with some sort of adjustability and digital gauges.

-Michael

#10 ·
Thats what i thought...he kept calling it Godzilla anyway but i was just wondering if anyone had tried it.

#11 ·
the very first chip i had for my psd was a custom burnt (chip) 160hp, it was really strong on the bottom but holy crap was it hot, would not let the tranny shift correctly, and they used the tables that require you not to have a boost fooler.... dodges can have em.....

#12 ·
the quadzilla commander , and some sort of add on box works ,just not as well as a full blown chip as far as power goes.
but and most import for this issue is it probably did "tell" him he is getting 24 mpg.
is he ...no. Not if you hand calculate milage..actual gallons used vs miles driven.

chips, boxes and other mods fool the computer, that also throws the overhead out of wack , so it tells you 24, etc..

there was a guy on tds claiming 30.. I asked if it was hand calculated he said yes.. I told him he either failed math or needs to keep that truck till it moves no more.

there is a psd out that gets 24+ , buut it is dave whitmer's and it is heavily mooded for that, things like a 5 speed, with 3.08 gears...he said auto's woulkdn't last with those gears. it is also dropped , had air dams , eco tunes, and lots of other parts.

a quadzilla box is prob good for 1 or 2 mpg depending on how you drive , but most chips are too. and you will get a lot more power chipped ,then the 40~75 that the quad will give ya.

at one time they were working with a cable that would control a ts blank that looked interesting, especially with TW or DI tunes.

#13 ·
you know whats funny that quadzilla chip said ts on the back of it.

#14 ·
most chips used to say ts...it is the most common blank availible.
even tony wildman's said that till he brought out his silk screened jobbies in the last month or so.

custom tunes seem to be where the power is at ..also some more creative tunes are comming out as well.

#15 ·
I've got a Quadzilla on my truck.

Flip it to level 3 and you just opened a can of whoop azz.

Oh yeah, did I mention it's the Commander and it changes the possitions on my TW chip? :hehe:

#17 ·
I've got a Quadzilla on my truck.

Flip it to level 3 and you just opened a can of whoop azz.

Oh yeah, did I mention it's the Commander and it changes the possitions on my TW chip? :hehe:
thats the exact setup i was looking at..
does it defuel at high egt?
that was the reason i was looking at the commander.

#16 ·
On a serious note, I like my Commander ok but if I had to do it over agian I would just buy EGT and Boost gauges along with a Scan Guage that has a fuel pressure sensor.

The Scan Gauge can monitor everything (and more) that the Commander does except for EGT. Personally I want a stand alone EGT and boost gauge and not have to check those from a Scan Guage since those are the two paramaters I look at the most.

#19 ·
How is your commander at reading boost? Does the display get washed out by the Sun or glare?
My Recon seems to be really lazy on boost, reacts slowly.
My first one crapped completely on me. And now on the replacement the buttons don't work well so I can't "recall" the max values. And now this morning it does not read boost at all. Pretty sure the MAP senser itself is working or I would set an SES.

The Recon was cheap but is not really working as well as I hoped. When it was working as advertised I really liked it.

#20 ·
Boost is a joke! As far as I am concerened it doesn't even have the ability to monitor boost. It maxes out at about 27 psi (the max that the MAP sensor will translate) but with my overboost regulator it only reads to 20 psi. I have a standard boost gauge mounted in my truck because of this.

The display is a little slow reacting in sub zero temps but once the heater starts warming me up it is back to acting normal.

Here's a pic of the location of my Commander. I don't get any washout or glare, but may be due to the location.

Like I said before if I had it to do over again I would get a boost gauge, egt gauge, and a scan gauge. The scan gauge can monitor trans temp so you don't need a seperate trans temp gauge. That being said I am not unhappy with my Commander and I will probably continue to use it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.