No power. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

No power.

I have a 2004 6.0. Back history. I bought the truck in 05 done the egr delete 5inch turbo back exhaust in 05 when the truck had 34k on it. Then in 2014 I done the blue spring an 4 new injectors. Had been running an edge turner the hole time. Now I recently had an oil leak which was my oil cooler changed it out so while it was down I did the ficm icp sensor an cable as well as the map an back pressure. Noticed while turbo was off it needed a cleaning. So do e that to. Put it back to gather an went to pull a load an it would pull it would not boots up an the rpm would not even come up. Had to get a push form a mini x to get going. Once the truck start rolling it will boots up an pull but it still does it slowly. So called a mechanic who does just ford he said it's the turbo or the vgt so I ordered a new powermax an installed it. An once again it spools up a little be but still not if it's under a heavy load even if I put it in 4wd. So next I ordered an installed a h&s mini max I know it's not the best for the 6.0 but I'm planning on buying a 6.7 in Jan an wanted something that I could change over to it without buying anything new. It does pull better since I installed the mini max I pulled several loads this so with it. While backing up with one of the loads it went back to its old way an would not rev up at all an I could move there was no power I went to 4wd high low rev drive an nothing it would not move. Then all at once it like someone flipped a switch it just boosted up a started back up like nothing was wrong. I've noticed that even when driving that It will be at 2500 rpm an in booting at 7 with throttle potion at 34. I'm going to change the transmission fluid an filter. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode