Buying AE have some Q's - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Buying AE have some Q's

Im buying AE and I want to know if once it is installed on my computer if it can be transfered on to a different one. reason I ask is I have an old computer and plan on upgrading soon. If i cant transfer might be a good excuse to buy a new laptop

2000 F250 SCSB 6-speed, stage 3 clutch, lifted 4'' with 37's, 5er, 4'' turbo back, 6637 intake, STAGE II Rosewood singles, PHP Phoenix chip, 38R, 910"s shimed, Traction Bars.

05/12_288.64 RWHP. 575.04 FT-LBS-TQ
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JUST DYNOED! 411 HP 794 FT-LBS-TQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 12:55 AM
Administrator

Re: Buying AE have some Q's

the software can no problem I have it on a few computers

since it's really the hardware and it's serial # that track the unit that makes this work

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 01:04 AM
Administrator

to clarify

Quote:
The process is different for USB and serial versions of the product. USB versions are hardware keyed to the USB connector. Once you purchase an option, a 64-digit code will be sent to you that will be used to activate your new options. That code can then be subsequently installed on as many computers as you like. The serial version gets three activations in a 12 month period. This code is computer-based so any change to the computer setup may require a new activation code. USB-based products activations will arrive with your package so you can be up and running immediately. Adding support to a USB-based product and serial-based products activations are done through email. Please do not call technical support for activation codes, this is only done through email. The process is posted here: Click here for email activation process.
most use the USB version

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Thanks! now just have to wait for the mail to get here

2000 F250 SCSB 6-speed, stage 3 clutch, lifted 4'' with 37's, 5er, 4'' turbo back, 6637 intake, STAGE II Rosewood singles, PHP Phoenix chip, 38R, 910"s shimed, Traction Bars.

05/12_288.64 RWHP. 575.04 FT-LBS-TQ

JUST DYNOED! 411 HP 794 FT-LBS-TQ
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 02:05 PM
Administrator

if your getting a new computer hang on to your old one
it looks lie A/E isn't windows 8 friendly yet

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 02:13 PM
PSN Veteran

Guessing not supported by Apple products?

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, E4OD 4:10, intake, DP 4 exhaust
Red 97 F250 CC 3:55, D60 Air Locker front, 175/80s, T500, TW files, Tymar, SD I/C, 6.0 fan, E-air, E-Fuel, RSK, SD springs front/rear, 145 litre rear tank (now ZF-5
).

2012 VW Touareg TDi Rawtek exhaust Malone tuned.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 03:02 PM
PSN Local

It will work with windows 8, just don't update to 8.1, something about the USB not reading the scanner.

Not supported by apple, but there are programs that allow you to run windows software on your mac.

2002 F-250 7.3 4x4. Intake, Exhaust, all the "Guzzle" mods, 300k on the truck, 50K Running on straight WVO.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 03:08 PM
Administrator

then u get to buy the adaptive software and a windows OS software
just to make a mac a PC

better to get a cheap PC for stuff like this IMHO

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 06:50 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmann View Post
then u get to buy the adaptive software and a windows OS software
just to make a mac a PC

better to get a cheap PC for stuff like this IMHO
I run Microsoft Office Suite on my MacBook Air and it's been really stable, with very few glitches. In respect of running a parallel Windows OS on my Mac nope not gonna do it just the thought of Windows Vista.....

So the AE software comes on a USB stick and not a disc right? As I do have a Windows 7 (i think thats the OS) little Toshiba laptop, the kids don't use anymore but it's not got a CD/DVD drive on it only USB ports.

thanks,

jrc

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, E4OD 4:10, intake, DP 4 exhaust
Red 97 F250 CC 3:55, D60 Air Locker front, 175/80s, T500, TW files, Tymar, SD I/C, 6.0 fan, E-air, E-Fuel, RSK, SD springs front/rear, 145 litre rear tank (now ZF-5
).

2012 VW Touareg TDi Rawtek exhaust Malone tuned.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 11:56 AM
PSN Local

No, the program comes on a CD. The scan tool is usb.

2002 F-250 7.3 4x4. Intake, Exhaust, all the "Guzzle" mods, 300k on the truck, 50K Running on straight WVO.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode