Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Recon Winch question

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  barnhartal 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about buying a recon 10,500 lbs winch with synthetic rope for my truck its a 2000 F350 crewcab long bed.I know Warn is a great winch but i just dont see spending 13-1800 on a winch im not gonna use alot and i wanted to know if anyone has had any problems with them or positivie things to say thank you Matt

#2 ·
I bought a Badland winch from HF. It is the 12K version. Steel cable though. Was 329 bucks. Works like a champ. I have used it many times already including winching a 40k rescue/engine and it worked just fine. It is not fast but who wants a fast moving winch at those weights.

#4 ·
Check out engo winches. 12000# can be had for 349 with free shipping.
E12000 12,000 lb. 12 Volt Electric Winch
This is the winch ill be going with based on the testing done by one of the major offroad mags. personel experience stay away from the hf ones. i run a warn on my offroad rig but agree with you on the once or twice a year thing.

#11 ·
That is identical to my winch. The only difference is the label on it is a different name. Same rating, cable length, controller, etc..

#6 ·
I'll have to check that out and there not from the same company i dont think

#9 ·
oh i see i thought it was just one them china companies lol my apologys

#12 ·
Umm no. From just looking at pictures, different motor and housing. Warranty H.f. 90 day, engo lifetime mechanical 1 yr elecrical.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.