Tire Rack purchase - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By masakimm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Tire Rack purchase

So I need new tires. Buddy works for a tire manufacturer. He gets huge discount from Tire Rack.

He buys them. I pay him. Tires arrive. I have to get them mounted and balanced.

Any of you been down this road? Did the shop doing the work welcome you with open arms to mount/balance the tires?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 02:15 PM
Native Texan

Garage
Re: Tire Rack purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by brant_c View Post
So I need new tires. Buddy works for a tire manufacturer. He gets huge discount from Tire Rack.

He buys them. I pay him. Tires arrive. I have to get them mounted and balanced.

Any of you been down this road? Did the shop doing the work welcome you with open arms to mount/balance the tires?

Thanks.
We will mount and balance anything u bring in most shops will. but there's no warranty or road hazard.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 02:20 PM
Native Texan

Garage
Re: Tire Rack purchase

also check the date codes on tires we had a guy bring some brand new ten year old tire to be mounted. he got them on line not sure where though. the date code is a 4 digit number stamped into the tire should read 4918 which the first 2 digits is week of the year they were built second is the year so that code is 49th week of 2018.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.
Zmann likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in