RSK parts list - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

RSK parts list

Just ordered my RSK from PMF and am wondering what all hardware is included and what I will still need to order.

Need leafs - V codes I believe
New U-bolts - order separately?

FYI truck is 95 f350 4wd. Will I need to box the frame?

Also, do I need any drop bracket or arms for the steering?

Im guessing its wise to get an alignment when its done? Just getting excited to have a truck that rides nice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 07:09 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: RSK parts list

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Piston Power View Post
Just ordered my RSK from PMF and am wondering what all hardware is included and what I will still need to order.

Need leafs - V codes I believe
yes v codes are nice
New U-bolts - order separately?
I wanna say I reused my fronts, but had to get longer rears
FYI truck is 95 f350 4wd. Will I need to box the frame?
Nope not at all direct bolt in kit.
Also, do I need any drop bracket or arms for the steering?
I got an adjustable track bar and bracket from PMF as well as new drop pitman arm
I’m guessing it’s wise to get an alignment when it’s done? Just getting excited to have a truck that rides nice!
Yes an alignment is always wise, also bought stainless steel brake line extensions (pending PMF Kit height) mine was 3.5” as I recall. Also speak with Trevor about need for rear blocks, he makes some nice ones. I went with Bilstein 5150 shocks (think that’s what they are). Also if you install the anti sway bars front and rear if not equipped or lengthen if you have them.

Not needed right away but a Borgeson mid steering shaft (between steering wheel and steering box). And lastly (which I’ve not done yet) an improved steering box like a Redhead or Blue top. You’ll be very pleased with ride, steering and handling.
Cheers,
j

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 PMF, RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, 4:10, intake, DP 4 exhaust DIY E-fuel, ZF-5 now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
B&W turnover 5th wheel with Anderson hitch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 VW Touareg TDi Rawtek exhaust Malone tuned.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

PMF shipped my kit yesterday!!! Truck is to become my tow pig so only got 2.25 lift.

For V code springs, are they the 2230# ones? Also any significant difference between brands to justify extra $$$?

For shocks, do I just get ones for super duty? Or do I need to measure and if so how?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 02:14 PM
PSN Veteran

6 Piston, howd you make out? Apologies didnt see your questions till now.

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 PMF, RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, 4:10, intake, DP 4 exhaust DIY E-fuel, ZF-5 now

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Need suggestions on how to remove the bolts frozen inside the leaf spring bushings
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

@JCart how do I measure for shocks? How do your Bilsteins ride?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 11:30 AM
PSN Veteran

5150s have been great. What Id recommend doing is call Trevor at PMF and see what he says for length. I dont remember measuring and ordered mine from an off road shop in my home town. The guys there knew what I needed through working with these old trucks with a lift.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Bilstein 5100s ordered from Trevor. Super excited to get installation done Saturday to see how it rides!!!

Next upgrade is power steps. Will ones for 99-07 Super duty fit?

Is It worth upgrading to super duty leafs in the rear?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Piston Power View Post
Bilstein 5100s ordered from Trevor. Super excited to get installation done Saturday to see how it rides!!!

Next upgrade is power steps. Will ones for 99-07 Super duty fit?

Is It worth upgrading to super duty leafs in the rear?
Im told you can install 08 and newer just have to move front hanger forward 8 supposed to ride real nice. Or you can use pre 08 rears and they are a direct bolt in, aside from bolts are 3/4 not metric so you will need to drill hangers to 3/4 they are a little longer too. I used B codes on my 97 CcSB with the overload on the bottom of spring pack and have air bags on top works great.

Ideally if I did it from scratch Id install inboard air bags that are over the axle not spring packs, with B codes or try the 08s and no over spring pack overloads. Ride will be nice and if you need extra carry or to level, do it with air bags.

My current 97 ECLB has stock rears with over pack overload leaf and over pack air bags. Works ok with above would be smoother pretty sure. Also I added a B&W turnover ball 5th wheel hitch and was a pain to install with the air bags due to conflict with airbag mounts. But as truck came with bags I custom modified mounts to work with B&W hitch. Over axle bags would have been easier install though.
Cheers,
j

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in