Rear driveshaft length help - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 02:31 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Rear driveshaft length help

Hey guys, I had my transmission and rear driveshaft blow up a few weeks back, and am in need of some help from the CCSB ZF5 4x4 guys. I just ordered the new transmission and (being as impatient as i am) was wondering if any of you guys out there could tell me your rear driveshaft length?
My truck is a CCSB, with a new zfs547 on the way, 4x4, and has a 4.5 inch lift. The other thing is I'm replacing the one piece driveshaft that was back there, so I would need to know the measurements from the flange on the transfer case to the yoke on the differential.
If anyone has those lengths it would really be appreciated. That way I can order the driveshaft so I can assemble everything at once instead of waiting an additional 3 or 4 days while a shop builds it once I give them the length from my truck with the new trans and transfer case back in it.

97 4x4 F350 XLT OBS Powerstroke CCSB- ZF-5 manual trans, 6637 cold air intake, TS6 chip, straight piped 4 inch turboback pretire side exit, 4 pillar gauge w/ diff temp, EGT, boost, and HPOP pressure, ATS diff cover, dual alpine 10'' subs w/ alpine component speakers, B code rear springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 03:02 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Rear driveshaft length help

Hey Tristan,
Have my pet truck parked (as it requires a rebuild on the 7.3), is a 97 CCSB ZF 5 with RSK SD springs on all four corners. Can’t remember lift over stock height, but measures 26” from center hub to fender arch. Distance on mine from T Case out put flange face (face that universal side bolts to) to center of saddle yolk on rear universal is 74.5”. This is measured in a straight line, (as mine has the stock two piece D shaft).
Hope that helps.
I’ll put some pix in my Drop Box link below in a few. Will be in 97 CCSB folder.
Cheers,
jrc

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, E4OD 4:10, intake, DP 4” exhaust
Red 97 F250 CC 3:55, D60 Air Locker front, 175/80s, T500, TW files, Tymar, SD I/C, 6.0 fan, E-air, E-Fuel, RSK, SD springs front/rear, 145 litre rear tank (now ZF-5
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 VW Touareg TDi Rawtek exhaust Malone tuned.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 04:05 AM
PSN Veteran

So in the Drop Box pix the measurement of 75” to center of universal saddle is because I was by myself and hooked the tape on the transfer case side of the flange.... sorry for any confusion, so you have to take off flange thickness.... The total length straight line is 74.5” from universal mid saddle to flange face on transfer end.

j

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, E4OD 4:10, intake, DP 4” exhaust
Red 97 F250 CC 3:55, D60 Air Locker front, 175/80s, T500, TW files, Tymar, SD I/C, 6.0 fan, E-air, E-Fuel, RSK, SD springs front/rear, 145 litre rear tank (now ZF-5
).

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCart View Post
So in the Drop Box pix the measurement of 75” to center of universal saddle is because I was by myself and hooked the tape on the transfer case side of the flange.... sorry for any confusion, so you have to take off flange thickness.... The total length straight line is 74.5” from universal mid saddle to flange face on transfer end.

j
Thanks for the help! I'm excited for the new shaft to come in it should look real good!

97 4x4 F350 XLT OBS Powerstroke CCSB- ZF-5 manual trans, 6637 cold air intake, TS6 chip, straight piped 4 inch turboback pretire side exit, 4 pillar gauge w/ diff temp, EGT, boost, and HPOP pressure, ATS diff cover, dual alpine 10'' subs w/ alpine component speakers, B code rear springs
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 12:41 AM
PSN Veteran

NP, when you get it rigged up I’d like to see what it looks like, (single D shaft). Are you using single universals at each end or a dual cardigan on the front?

).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode