Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

?'s About Offset, BS, and Rubbing

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  1970something 
#1 ·
I'm growing tired of my 315's rubbing my leaf springs when I turn. I love the stock "Alcoa" wheel look. I believe the wheels are 7" wide, offset is 0, and bs is 4.0. I would love to run some 8, 9, or 10" wheels with my 315's but I don't want them sticking out an inch. Is there a tried and true wheel spec in 16" that won't rub the leafs with 315's at full lock and also will not stick out more than 1/2" outside the wheel well?
I have strongly considered using a 2" spacer in the rear along with a spacer in front. This way I could keep my stock wheels. I'm just not sure how much spacer I would need in front to clear the leafs at full lock, and they are too $$$$ for trial and error. I did search and I did look at the wheel thread but many posts are missing the size details. I know I want something similar to the stock look like Eagles or MT's

#3 ·
Currently the most protruding portion of the tire, the sidewall, is flush with the outside fender lip. My tread block is approximately 1" inside the wheel well. I see now that it will have to stick out some in order to clear the leaf. Does anyone have a pic from the front or down the body line that shows a 16x10 or a 16x8 with 315's?

#5 ·
Would a 16x10 protrude more than a 16x8 wheel? If I go with 16x8, is there a speck offset/ bs that I need for the front?

#6 ·
After more thought, I think I would like the 16x10's more.

#7 ·
Option 1
16x10 / BS is 4.25"/ Offset -32

Option 2
16x10/ BS is 4.5"/ Offset -24

Are these essentialy the same, just worded different?

And.......can I be certain they won't run my leafs at full lock?

#8 ·
Nobody has an F250 with 16x10's and 315's than can verify if it does or does not rub?

#11 ·
Here is a shot of mine with Eagle Alloy 058 (16x10's) with 305/70r16 (33x12.50). My truck is a 350 with the D60 up front, but you said you have a RSK for the TTB, so I would imagine the height is pretty close to the same. Also, I know they are not 35's but they are the same width tire and rim you are looking for. They stuck out the front probably about 1.5 inches or so, that's why they aren't on there anymore. The rears were about even with the fenders. When it came down to it, I just didn't like the tires sticking out and throwing mud/rocks all over. Plus I like the stock alcoas better.

Sorry, no good shots straight down the side...........

#12 ·
Hmmm, I haven't seen any wheels with 0 offset. My stock Alcoas are 0 and the run my leafs at full lock, so I'm thinking some offset is needed in my case. I have seriously considered 2" spacers for the rear and 3/4-1" spacers in the front and keep the Alcoas. I know the studs would need to be shortened for a 1" spacer in front. Im just afraid if I spend the $$ for some good spacers, it may still rub.

#14 ·
Would the spacers cause more rubbing issues than aftermarket wheels with more offset?

#16 ·
the more the tire sticks out due to offset or spacers, the more stress put on the wheel bearings promoting premature failure of the bearings.
plus spacers are not that safe unless you spend the big bucks and get hub centric spacers.
i simply made the steering stops a little bigger to keep the steering from going full lock and rubbing the springs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.