Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Trans swap, Allison trans?

9K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  masakimm 
#1 ·
I was watching sema 2019 and they had a company that made Allison trans adaptors for the powerstroke. The company's name, CaConversions.com. Has anyone tried this setup? It is not cheap and is a drop in setup.

My e4od died at 350,000 and has been sitting for a year know. what are your guys thoughts?

#4 ·
The allison isnt as strong as some cheby owners lead on. They last pretty good behind stock motors but a touch more power and they go boom.

#5 ·
A built e4od/4r100 is better imo at power handling, but more gears is nice too.

Theres a reason some guys are swapping built 4r100s behind cummins, because they cant keep any other trans alive behind something with big power

#6 ·
Why not an adapter and stand alone controller for a 6.7 tranny retrofitted to 7.3? If I lived in the USA, built E4OD would be the ticket over 500 HP. As I don’t live state side, it’s ZF 5 for me and couldn’t be happier with proven reliability.
j

#7 ·
Last I heard standalone controllers for the 6r140 are scarce to come by, and don't work that great. But that was a while ago, so who knows. But a 6r140 would be suuuper nice behind a 7.3...

#8 ·
I am doing the allison swap. Talk to the people at CA Conversion, they really have this allison thing figured out. Got a used 2010 with 38k on it for 1200 bucks. I am pushing 10k for the complete conversion.

#9 ·
I saw the vid and actually called them the allison is a strong transmission if u get one built for medium duty trucks not the ones that were slapped together for chebby. Its 5k for adapter kit and 5k for trans from the same company but if u can find a used one out of an ups truck u can get it done cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.