< 500 kms (300 miles) jectors in Block 5 yrs sitting. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

< 500 kms (300 miles) jectors in Block 5 yrs sitting.

Hey Guys,
Have some PIS injectors that have been in a block sitting for 4-5 years, ran for maybe 500 kms before truck was parked. Thinking about installing in current Tan/White truck along with aftermarket T500 pump that’s with the PIS 175/80s. Aside from new injector o ring kit anything to fret about?
Currently running supporting mods, e fuel, intake, exhaust ZF 5, no IC installed it’s on the shelf waiting.
Lastly, suggestions on tunes....
Thanx,
j

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 PMF, RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, 4:10, intake, FFD 205/30s, DP 4 exhaust DIY E-fuel, ZF-5 now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
B&W turnover 5th wheel with Anderson hitch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 VW Touareg TDi Rawtek exhaust Malone tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 03:17 AM
Project Shamu

Re: < 500 kms (300 miles) jectors in Block 5 yrs sitting.

I think it'll be fine with new orings, if you're still worried, you can send the injectors out to get flow tested, or PIS would probably be happy to test them.

Tuning, I've heard Jelibuilt is a pretty darn good tuner, he'll be getting my money in the future, whenever im ready.

1996 Cali F350 CCFB, 7.3 PSD, 2wd SAS, w/ 380,000 miles.
New Motor at 352,000, DieselSite Legendary Trans at 356,000 and many more
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Thanks Lt. Dan.

Ok so Ive had my tuner for some time and think the box got tossed. The Hydra Serial Number can be found where? Thinking Ill order tunes before I swap the jectors in this way in theory should be a seamless swap.
j

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 PMF, RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, 4:10, intake, FFD 205/30s, DP 4 exhaust DIY E-fuel, ZF-5 now

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCart View Post
Thanks Lt. Dan.

Ok so Ive had my tuner for some time and think the box got tossed. The Hydra Serial Number can be found where? Thinking Ill order tunes before I swap the jectors in this way in theory should be a seamless swap.
j
Yeeesh....☺️😂🤣 got it sorted, imagine googled it.... phffff what I tell my kids all the time hahahaa.
Lt.Dan likes this.

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 05:06 PM

Haha. Just for everyone's info. You plug the chip into the computer. Open hydraflash and the s/n shows up in the bottom right.
JCart likes this.

01 f-250, Standard
Rev tech 4" lift, 37" military wrangler Mt tires
KC diy 66, Full force 160/100 and custom tunes from PHP
Banks intercooler and full 4" exhaust, Diy S&B intake
Diy quad feed, Hydra, Isspro boost, pyro, and fuel pressure
3/0 battery cables with military style terminals
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Soooo update. Installed following Swamps online install directions. Oil In HPOP, e fuel shows 62psi, Optima yellow tops charged right up. AE initially said 2600 psi, 14-16% duty cycle. Nuthin no smoke out exhaust nuthin. DTC P1293 & P1294 open high side circuit right and left bank. Check harness visually, seems fine. Ran resistance ohms on all pins through VC to injector plugs 0.2 ohms. Ran ohms on injectors installed 2.9 ohms. Changed out IDM from 120v to a used 120 volt.... nuthin.

So my question is running A/E seems a little weird as it appears unstable, sometimes connects some times not. Not unhooked Hydra, yet as I thought Id ask first and second, should have Hydra on stock, meaning 00 setting yes?

Lastly A/E now says (if I try buzz test worked only once, heard all injectors too) undetermined fault. No other DTC #s.

Kinda bummin.... now I realize these have sat in a block for 4-5 years so very likely could be problems internally, externally when pulled they looked fine fuel and oil was present not dried or ####ty looking at all, O rings looked great, I did replace them with new prior to install.

Moving forward gonna send them out for testing and in the interim have ordered FFS 205/30% injectors.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 05:01 AM
Project Shamu

If their is no smoke, its not meeting on of its 3 parameters. 100rpms, 10v battery, or 500psi ICP.

This is assuming you have fuel/air properly getting to the inj's as well. Which you said you have 62psi of fuel pressure and air is a given.

Can you check ICP another way? 2600psi is pretty high for just cranking.

The codes indicate like the injectors aren't making connection to the IDM. Could you pull the valve covers, disconnect the inj's and do a continuity test between the injector pigtail and the IDM pigtail? (Not at the 42 pin on the fender, but actually at the IDM)

1996 Cali F350 CCFB, 7.3 PSD, 2wd SAS, w/ 380,000 miles.
New Motor at 352,000, DieselSite Legendary Trans at 356,000 and many more
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Dan View Post
If their is no smoke, its not meeting on of its 3 parameters. 100rpms, 10v battery, or 500psi ICP.

This is assuming you have fuel/air properly getting to the inj's as well. Which you said you have 62psi of fuel pressure and air is a given.

Can you check ICP another way? 2600psi is pretty high for just cranking.

The codes indicate like the injectors aren't making connection to the IDM. Could you pull the valve covers, disconnect the inj's and do a continuity test between the injector pigtail and the IDM pigtail? (Not at the 42 pin on the fender, but actually at the IDM)
Thanks for response Lt. Dan.
Engine ran fine prior to jector HPOP swap.
Starter driven rpms are quick enough to actually show oil pressure on dummy gauge in dash, rpm registers on dash so CPS is good, this is with extended crank of 40 seconds, so 2600 psi with a T500 pump may be good, 14-16% duty cycle seemed odd to me. I even cranked with ICP unhooked so PCM would revert to internal oil pressure tables. Nuthin.

As the A/E seems to be having a hard time “seeing” the PCM, I might 1) unhook the Hydra and try and 2) swap in a spare PCM. The other notion I had was to swap in a known working IPR from the HPOP I just replaced with the T500. This T500 sat with the 175/80 jectors too so IPR O rings might be pooched and/IPR sticking and/or armature is not making good contact.

In respect to engine harness continuity good suggestion, there is a process to check back through IDM, leaving Key On Engine Off and checking circuit to battery ground.. gotta read up on that a little more to get my head around it. Seems odd to me that both banks would fail with high side open circuit (I don’t understand this term either).

The common thread it appears, (at least to me) is, on both trucks they ran until jectors were swapped in. So I’m interested to see results of having them checked over and of course how new FFD 205/30% will do.

Guess I should also get going on IC install too geez and getting some gauges too.
j

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 12:23 PM

I would check your injector pulse rate while cranking. It's weird it wont start.

01 f-250, Standard
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 12:27 PM

A quick Google says bad idm. Do you have a spare?

01 f-250, Standard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode