ZF S5-47 in now upgrade rear DS? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

ZF S5-47 in now upgrade rear DS?

Hey Guys,
Looking for input with questions.
Given I have to have a rear D shaft made up to accommodate ZF swap into Tan truck ECLB, with 3.5 RSK, blocks in rear to level. Im thinking of doing (1) single shaft, so need input from guys that have done this and (2) did you use the stock shaft ends or upgrade to SD flange on TCase rear out put and if so will one fit the BW 4407? And (3) Will rear yoke from SD fit the OBS 10.25 pinion?

Im thinking the SD style 1/2 cap on the rear yolk will be stronger then the OBS strap?
The OBS TCase output flange has a smaller dia ring on the flange then the SD flange so either change to SD flange (if it will fit a BW 4407). Or alternatively make a spacer to accommodate the OBS ring on stock flange and put the SD ring on the output side of the spacer to fit SD universal, hope that makes sense....

Lemme know what youve done. Slowly setting rig up to 450-500 RWHP range to be used as DD that tows if needed to 7-10k lbs.

Thanks Guys.

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, E4OD 4:10, intake, DP 4 exhaust
Red 97 F250 CC 3:55, D60 Air Locker front, 175/80s, T500, TW files, Tymar, SD I/C, 6.0 fan, E-air, E-Fuel, RSK, SD springs front/rear, 145 litre rear tank (now ZF-5
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 VW Touareg TDi Rawtek exhaust Malone tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 06:53 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Re: ZF S5-47 in now upgrade rear DS?

My DS shop Recommended I stay with a stock setup so thats what I did totally rebuilt, with spicers and new center bearing too.

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, E4OD 4:10, intake, DP 4 exhaust
Red 97 F250 CC 3:55, D60 Air Locker front, 175/80s, T500, TW files, Tymar, SD I/C, 6.0 fan, E-air, E-Fuel, RSK, SD springs front/rear, 145 litre rear tank (now ZF-5
).

2012 VW Touareg TDi Rawtek exhaust Malone tuned.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Today, 03:06 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: ZF S5-47 in now upgrade rear DS?

good idea, cheaper and proven reliable setup
I am lucky the front and rear drivelines in my 97 were done just before I bought it

1997 CCFB 7.3, ZF5, 4x4, 4.10, baby swamps, TS6, E99 spyder, RiffRaff pipes, 6.0 FMIC, RSK, 315 toyo at

2001 Excursion 7.3, auto, 4x4, 3.73, collecting parts for suspension lift
2000 E350 7.3, auto 2wd, 3.73, toy hauler camper conversion...researching 4x conversion
21.9 liter family

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in