Re: Tru-Cool install write up, anyone?
Here is a list of my questions:
- Are you using the TruCool 4739 in addition to the stock cooler? running them in series?
No, the TruCool replaced the stock air-to-fluid cooler. Too much restriction running them in series.
- if so, where are you guys mounting them?
Mine is mounted on my front receiver structure, up behind the front bumper, but most would probably have it basically in the same location as stock (fab up appropriate brackets, etc.)
- Should the lines be upgraded to the larger diameter?
I would definitely do that. You can use the SD
lines (I'll have to post those part numbers when I get home).
- Are you adding an inline filter on the system? if so, which ones do you recommend?
Most folks probably don't unless they've had a trans failure. I have a DieselSite Ford Transmission Filter System on mine (different than the Magnafine inline filters)
- What is the debate about bypassing the radiator? I am new to these trucks and had no idea the trans fluid flows through the radiator as well?
To me there's no debate! It is there for a reason so leave it in the system. It adds cooling capacity.
Hopefully others will chime in with additional input! Cheers!
97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed
SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3” DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV