another oil leak - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

another oil leak

Ok here is what I have done so far. The IPR appeared to be leaking so I replace the o-rings and cleaned it. I also found that my HPX hose had a pin hole in it spraying oil everywhere, replaced that. I have had oil in the valley during the replacement of both of the above mentioned. I cleaned the oil out. I have even leaned over the engine and had my daughter rev the truck up to 2k to look for leaks. I can't find any. I have used a mirror on a stick to look under stuff (that's how I found the HPX hose leaking) and cannot find this leak. I do know that is definitely oil. Its black and nasty. I have done the fuel pump enough times to know its not that THIS time. I did replace the o-rings on the fittings that attach to the head for the HPX hose. I think I covered everything I have done. One last thing, I have been all over this site trying to find info on this. I have found info on everything I have done. Please give me some ideas where else to look.

Todd
__________________________________________________ _________________________________
'95 F-350 daully, Super Cab, 230K+ miles, 2 wd, automatic, Bean's stage 1, shimmed fpr, 3" down pipe, superchip, gauges boost, EGTs, trans, and volts, missing Kitty & muffler, Homemade tymar set-up, HPX mod, CCV mod, and air bags in the rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 04:14 AM
PSN Newb

Re: another oil leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14psd View Post
Ok here is what I have done so far. The IPR appeared to be leaking so I replace the o-rings and cleaned it. I also found that my HPX hose had a pin hole in it spraying oil everywhere, replaced that. I have had oil in the valley during the replacement of both of the above mentioned. I cleaned the oil out. I have even leaned over the engine and had my daughter rev the truck up to 2k to look for leaks. I can't find any. I have used a mirror on a stick to look under stuff (that's how I found the HPX hose leaking) and cannot find this leak. I do know that is definitely oil. Its black and nasty. I have done the fuel pump enough times to know its not that THIS time. I did replace the o-rings on the fittings that attach to the head for the HPX hose. I think I covered everything I have done. One last thing, I have been all over this site trying to find info on this. I have found info on everything I have done. Please give me some ideas where else to look.
What about the turbo pedestal orings? Mine were parking and I had oil all in the valley.

2000 F350 4x4 SRW ZF6, Superchips flashpaq, 4in down pipe with 5in Turbo back no muffler exhaust, future mods on the way.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 02:20 PM
OBS Addict

Check the oil rail plug. Behind the alternator and it's bracketing. Big ol plug that likes to leak on these trucks.

-Jordan-
97 SCLB 7.3 Handshaker
Valair Clutch, only the best.
TS 6 Position Tyrant Tuning
S&B, MBRP, Isspro, Mag-Hytec, 1.00 A/R Exhaust housing, HPX
Full sound system: Kicker-Kenwood
BILLET BADGES
Dick Cepek DC-2's/Duratracs
On-Board Air
Few cosmetics
PSA # 269

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Fixing Broken Stuff

^^^^ What they said

2015 Challenger HellCat Redline Red 8sp
1997 F350 4X4 CCLB PSD
2004 Jetta TDI
1999.5 Jetta TDI 11mm pump S7 PP764's 3bar MAP
1986 F350 CC Dually 6.9 ATS turbo lowered
1984 Mark VII 2.4 BMW Turbo Diesel
1970 Roadrunner 383 4sp
1970 Cuda 426 4sp Dana 60
1956 F100
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Is it possible for the oil to be coming out of the big circle of the hpop on the back? I hope I'm making since? Not the plug next to the IPR nor the IPR but to the left on the picture here. That's where I found the oil to be coming from finally. I drove the truck after cleaning the valley again. With towels down in the valley. I found out the oil is coming from up front and from the HPOP. At idle it has a slow drip and at higher speeds/loads I'm sure it squirts out of there. Now the fix? I will replace that plug's oring also but the oil was coming down the passenger side of the back of the HPOP.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPOP2.jpg (128.3 KB, 6 views)

Todd
__________________________________________________ _________________________________
'95 F-350 daully, Super Cab, 230K+ miles, 2 wd, automatic, Bean's stage 1, shimmed fpr, 3" down pipe, superchip, gauges boost, EGTs, trans, and volts, missing Kitty & muffler, Homemade tymar set-up, HPX mod, CCV mod, and air bags in the rear

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode