95 7.3 no start - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

95 7.3 no start

well i have a 95 ex cab 5 speed 335.000 she ran about 3 month ago got started in the cold ran fine warmed up then started to idle real rough then died has not started since. i have checked the relas fuses fuel bowl new filter all the line checked, also the tank and tank switch, cleaned the small fillter and screens on the bowl. also new fuel pump, scanned the truck came back with a ICP. tried to un plug ICP sensor and start the truck nothing theres diesel in the bowl but no white smoke. i have checked the high pressure oil and its full also remove the oil line off the head and cranked over only small amount of oil. was not blasting out i think its the HPOP becuese i thought these trucks needed like 700 psi to start just want to make shore. checked the CPS.

thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 11:01 PM
PSN Local

Re: 95 7.3 no start

500 psi is the number for it to start..have you checked the IPR connection and the nut on the back ?

95 E350 Cargo, E4OD , B/M aluminium Pan / 2 HD Trans coolers , Dana 60FF 3:55 , 140 V idm , Autometer guages , TDEO Dp flashed 60 Tow , EBPV delete , BB shim , cat sleeps with the fishes, Timbren SES, stage 1's coming soon
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 05:51 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

yes i put new o rings in it too and still nothing.

im going to change the pump this week if no one has any ideas of what else it could bee

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 06:02 AM
PSN Local

You're not low on oil are you? maybe check the wiring harness / connectors for the injectors. Smell any burnt wiring?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 05:32 AM
Demon Dually

Send a message via AIM to speeddemon31176 Send a message via Yahoo to speeddemon31176

You need to check for low pressure oil first before you go replacing the hpop. If you aren't feeding low pressure oil to the hpop it will never run. Being it is a 95 you also may be a victim of the dreaded drainback issue. Check the reservoir for the hpop and make sure it is full. If it isn't add enough oil to fill it and see if it starts.

97 F-350 XLT CC DRW 4X4 PSD, 285/75-16 Custom bumpers, Gauges-boost/egt/trans, Swamps IDM, 3.5"dp- 4" exh., 3" Body lift, ES bushings/mounts, Built trans, billet conv, B&M pan, Hayden cooler, Adrenaline, stage 2's, IC, H2E, E-fuel
ARP's, 910's, Smith Bros. to come
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

checked the HPOP oil and still nothing also checked all wires. put a new pump in the truck yesterday and fired right up thanks for the help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode