hard start seems to get air when shut down - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 04:37 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Question hard start seems to get air when shut down

My 97 F350 has developed an issue with getting air in fuel system when shut down (worse when engine is warm) you have to apply a little throttle to get her to fire then idles rough for a few seconds. It runs fine down the road and has no check engine light. It has duel fuel tanks and doesnt seem to matter which one you are drawing from. Lift pump replaced within last year. Just wandering if anyone has had this problem Im looking for a place to start. Thanks for any help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dtech04 01 F250 Platinum 4wd ccsb. 4"mbrp straight. edge juice with attitude. kn gen2 intake. built 4r100 with billet triple disk t/c. american racing wheels with 305/70r/16 coopers. superduty air bags with onboard compressor and cab controller.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 06:12 PM
PSN Local

Re: hard start seems to get air when shut down

Sometimes worn IPR o-rings can cause this issue... have you ever replaced/rebuilt the IPR ?

95 E350 Cargo, E4OD , B/M aluminium Pan / 2 HD Trans coolers , Dana 60FF 3:55 , 140 V idm , Autometer guages , TDEO Dp flashed 60 Tow , EBPV delete , BB shim , cat sleeps with the fishes, Timbren SES, stage 1's coming soon
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 09:13 PM
freek of obs

When I put in aftermarket injectors in that happened to me I had to change my o-rings and I also put new fuel filter and lid and it fixed mine

Fuel burner

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 04:22 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I have not touched IPR but just bought truck Mon. Sounds like a good place to start thanks for the input.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dtech04 01 F250 Platinum 4wd ccsb. 4"mbrp straight. edge juice with attitude. kn gen2 intake. built 4r100 with billet triple disk t/c. american racing wheels with 305/70r/16 coopers. superduty air bags with onboard compressor and cab controller.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode