Turbo removal - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
PSN regular

Turbo removal

I have a really bad oil leak that coats the whole under neath of my truck and its looks to be coming from the turbo and turbo pedastole meets and right under neath of it in the valley is a puddle then runs out of a drain hole onto the top of the tranny. now if i drive nice and easy just in town it doesnt hardly leak but when i take it on the highway doing around 65 70 and then i park it lead like a sun of gun i mean to the point i gotta put in a gallon a week so i got the intake off and the intake wishbone part off and the down pipe off now im just wondering how do i disconnect the exhaust wishbone i can get the top 2 bolts off but the bottom 2 damn near impossible just wondering if thats how your suppose to do it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 01:10 AM
PSN Local

Re: Turbo removal

If I'm following you correctly, you are wanting to disconnect the part where the exhaust enters the turbo from the up pipes. If that's it, it takes a creatively bent 15mm wrench. Hopefully somebody has a pic of it, because it takes a few tries of heating, bending, and grinding to get it right. PB Blaster is your friend

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode