No Start - 1995 7.3 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

No Start - 1995 7.3

Well my truck cranks and wont fire over. It is not getting any fuel because there is no smoke while cranking and no smell of exhaust.
In the shop there are 2 complete 7.3 motors sitting there so I had plenty of good parts to swap out and give it a try and still nothing.

What I have tried:
Fuel Filter
CPS
Removing Chip
PCM
IDM
Oil Pressure Sensor
All Fuses OK

The truck is getting 55psi of fuel pressure to the bowl while cranking. Any Ideas? IPR, ICP???

TOTALLED 1995 F-250
ISSPro, Grand Rock, DPP, DLC Diesel Performance, Total Diesel Performance, ATS, and a tired TTB.

1997 F-250
Precision Industries, Full Force Diesel, Beans Diesel Performance, DLC Diesel Performance, Banks Power, Aeromotive, Terminator Engineering, Gearhead Automotive, SuperLift, Bilstein, and a Dana 60
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Re: No Start - 1995 7.3

bump... Im about to go throw another HPOP on it and see what that does? Anyone got any ideas.

Truck ran fine, never did anything abnormal at all, I parked it for about an hour and then went to fire it up and nothing...

TOTALLED 1995 F-250
ISSPro, Grand Rock, DPP, DLC Diesel Performance, Total Diesel Performance, ATS, and a tired TTB.

1997 F-250
Precision Industries, Full Force Diesel, Beans Diesel Performance, DLC Diesel Performance, Banks Power, Aeromotive, Terminator Engineering, Gearhead Automotive, SuperLift, Bilstein, and a Dana 60
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Any Ideas?

TOTALLED 1995 F-250

1997 F-250

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 02:38 PM
USASF Retired

I'm kinda in the same situation as you...... My truck was running fine then lost power and quit running. Pulled the codes and low pressure injector error and cps failuler. Replaced the cps and cleared the codes, still will not start and system pass no codes.
I wonder if mt hpop is bad or an injector it stuck open causing the hpop to make no pressure.

1996 F-350 Crewcab 4x4 7.3 PSD E4OD

"The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them." - Raymond S. Kraft

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
because he loves what is behind him." -G. K. Chesterton

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 03:30 PM
PSN Veteran

Def try the ipr first before the hpop, but before those try checking to make sure the hpop reservoir is full by removing the brass plug on top, should have oil up to the top or dang close. Also search for this topic on here you'll find a ton of stuff to check.

'97 4x4 ECLB: SD IC, TW 4 pos, afe, 3-4" w/areoturbine, 4 gauge, DIY stage 1s, GTP38R, cust E-fuel, E-brake, stage3 CM meth, 439hp still trying for 600. cust stereo, highamp alt, cust paint

'78 F-150 RCLB: 460 swap, 3" lift, 33's,Trussed 9" w/ chrome-moly shafts, cust stereo, locked front/rear. My first love! EFI & Turbo coming soon...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 03:33 PM
< Can I drive?!

Double check your oil level. Coming out of the winter i know our trucks are always low on oil. Good luck man.

The Army wants you!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDeesTruck View Post
Def try the ipr first before the hpop, but before those try checking to make sure the hpop reservoir is full by removing the brass plug on top, should have oil up to the top or dang close. Also search for this topic on here you'll find a ton of stuff to check.
Tried it... reservoir 3/4 full

Quote:
Originally Posted by wint View Post
Double check your oil level. Coming out of the winter i know our trucks are always low on oil. Good luck man.
Checked about 3 times

TOTALLED 1995 F-250

1997 F-250
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by halo View Post
I'm kinda in the same situation as you...... My truck was running fine then lost power and quit running. Pulled the codes and low pressure injector error and cps failuler. Replaced the cps and cleared the codes, still will not start and system pass no codes.
I wonder if mt hpop is bad or an injector it stuck open causing the hpop to make no pressure.
I never lost power, but for you it sounds like it could be a HPOP. I got no codes.

My HPOP makes approx 420psi while cranking and about 3700psi while cranking with the IPR unplugged, which I believe is fine.

TOTALLED 1995 F-250

1997 F-250
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Terminator Nation

Check the IPR mounting nut for tightness and harness for bare spots. Also swap out the ICP sensor. Then try IPR itself.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Harl

Send a message via AIM to Harl

Does it act like its out of fuel when cranking? Or does it even sound like the injectors are fireing?

Cody,17
DD-1996 F250 Powerstroke, 5speed, 4x4 ecsb

Mods: GlowShift Gauges-Boost, Pryo, Oil psi and Fuel psi. DIY 6637 Intake, 160/100's, Wildman 6pos, Stage 2 water/meth, D66, TE HPOP, Vailer Clutch, Custom Bars and 5in turbo back....

PT-1995 F350- totaled
Soon to be brought back to a 1992

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode