leaking banjo bolt indicate bigger problems? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

leaking banjo bolt indicate bigger problems?

I've been told by a few people that when the banjo bolt starts leaking it is time for a new pump. buddy of mine that is a ford tech said that ford designed it that way to kinda work as an indicator that the fuel pump is on the way out. mine started leaking a few days ago and when i looked at it, it was pretty loose and i tightened it back down. so is my buddy right? is it time for a new pump? i would like to go over to electric fuel but i dont have the funds considering that just last week I put in new warn hubs, gp's, gpr, uvcwh, tie rods, brakes, rotors, and wheel studs. i am moving to alaska in a few months and dont want to end up on the side of the road because i failed to diagnose a problem right. thanks again for the help guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Re: leaking banjo bolt indicate bigger problems?

No one?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 07:39 PM
strokefreak

depends really. i drove mine around for months with it leaking from the weephole on the pump. its only about 100 bucks if i recall. but i was told the same thing about it. leakage from weephole indicates a bad diaphram and possible pump failure. yadda yadda. you can get the parts and replace it "fairly" easily. luck!

1996 Powerstroke. 159000 miles.
Custom F-250 Duallie Conversion.
Tymar - gauges - Swamps Tunes - MBRP Turbo back exh. Swamps HiFreq/HiVol IDM. Full Force Stage 1's. WW2. T500. SOLD.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 CCLB F-350
Current toy / exploder.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 07:45 AM
PSN Veteran

mmm if it was the banjo that was loose and you did it up I would mop up any residual fuel and see if the fuel pump is leaking too. your buddy the mechanic I think is speaking about the weep hole on the pump if it leaks then yes you need a fuel pump. These are two separate issues.

jrc

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 PMF, RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, 4:10, intake, FFD 205/30s, DP 4 exhaust DIY E-fuel, ZF-5 now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
B&W turnover 5th wheel with Anderson hitch.

2012 VW Touareg TDi Rawtek exhaust Malone tuned.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Boost Gets You Laid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCart View Post
mmm if it was the banjo that was loose and you did it up I would mop up any residual fuel and see if the fuel pump is leaking too. your buddy the mechanic I think is speaking about the weep hole on the pump if it leaks then yes you need a fuel pump. These are two separate issues.

jrc
Correct!

1997 F-350 7.3L
Hypermax Intercooler, DIY intake, RDS Stage 2s, Bob Rileys(CPR fuel system, HPOP Crossover, Coolant Filter) SouthBend Dual Disc clutch, TW custom tunes, Farmboys full 4", 17* HPOP,
1997 Jeep Cherokee
2004 Land Rover Discovery
1985 Mercedes 300 Turbo Diesel
2001 Sterling Silver Star
2005 Volvo VNT64T660

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode