lost... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

lost...

Abs light came on after doing some work on the truck. The snapon scanner I am using cannot pull a code and is telling me to ground the black with orange stripe wire for two seconds to reset. I've done that many times now. Abs light is still on and not able to pull codes. I disconnected the batteries for 10 minutes to see if that would reset it and no. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 02:47 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Re: lost...

Also, under the glove box there is a blue wire that has the letters psom on it. Anyone know what that is?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 03:31 AM
PSN Veteran

From the service manual:

Quote:
Rear Anti-Lock Warning Light

The yellow REAR ABS warning light is used to indicate a malfunction and a deactivation of the RABS II system. To check this light, first follow the procedure above for Red Brake Warning Light Self-Check, and allow the key to spring back from START position to the RUN position. The yellow REAR ABS warning light should perform a self-check by glowing for approximately two seconds and then turning off. If it turns back on and does not flash, then a system concern has been detected. Refer to On-Board Diagnostics, Diagnostic Trouble Codes, Retrieving. If it fails to glow, go to the Symptom Chart.

On-Board Diagnostics

Diagnostic Trouble Codes, Retrieving

CAUTION:
Care must be taken to connect only the black/orange stripe wire to ground. Connecting the red mating connector wire to ground will result in a blown fuse.

Verify the key is in the RUN position (engine does not need to be running). Next, locate the black RABS II diagnostic connector. The diagnostic connector has two mating halves (one of which has a black/orange wire connected to it). Disconnect the two halves.

Attach one end of a jumper wire to the black with orange stripe wire side of the diagnostic connector. Momentarily ground the other end of the jumper wire by connecting it to a good chassis ground for 1-2 seconds. Grounding this wire should start the yellow REAR ABS warning light flashing. If grounding this wire does not start the yellow REAR ABS warning light flashing, go to the Symptom Chart.

The code consists of a number of short flashes and ends with a long flash. Count the short flashes and include the following long flash in the count to obtain the code number. For example, three short flashes followed by one long flash indicates diagnostic trouble Code 4. The code will continue to repeat itself until the key is turned off. It is recommended that the code be verified by reading it several times. This code will be used later for system repair instructions. It should be written down for future use. Diagnostic trouble code 16 indicates that the anti-lock electronic control module detects normal system operation.

Diagnostic Trouble Codes, Erasing

The last step of the System Pre-Check always includes clearing the Keep-Alive Memory (KAM). To do this, simply turn off the ignition while the diagnostic connector halves are separated as described in the procedures for obtaining the diagnostic trouble code above, after which the diagnostic connector should be reassembled to provide KAM power to the anti-lock electronic control module. If at this time a valid code has been obtained, go to the appropriate pinpoint test for that code.
The PSOM wire is the one that gets grounded when you want to recalibrate the speedometer. Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3” DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 04:19 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Thanks! I have the service books on disk just didn't have access to them at the time. Gonna wait till tomorrow cause I've had too many beers to tackle this any longer. I had a buddy working with me that used to be a ford mechanic and we went through all the steps you quoted twice and the light is still on. So we removed the abs sensor on the rear pumpkin thinking that it might be dirty or we somehow disturbed it when we replaced the hubs eariler today. Sensor was clean and did not look like it had come into contact with anything. Gonna have to dig into the service books more tomorrow.

Zach
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 06:51 PM
PSN Local

what ever happened with this i have the same thing going on with mine i get 7 flashes on mine
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 08:28 PM
PSN Veteran

Did you perform the pinpoint tests for ABS code 7 that I provided in your thread on this topic? (I may not have seen it yet, so if you replied to that one ... ignore this one) Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3” DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode