OD Button - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
6.4's are my Hero.

Send a message via AIM to Reubine
OD Button

Hey guys I think my OD button the shifter is being retarded. Tonight while I was hauling some cows to the sale barn, I noticed that the OD button would kick on and off. I would have to hold it for it to stay off. Another thing it would do is when I hit the brakes, it will come on and i can't switch it off. I dunno if it has anything with my chip or not? Thanks for any advice.

Reuben

'95 Ford F-350, CC,4x4,SWAMPS 300/200Hybrids,H-11 Head studs,Comp 910 Springs,Chromemoly push rods,modded TE 17*, GARRETT GT40 TURBO,built trans with 3 disc billet convertor,SWAMPS 6 position chip,3"DP to 6" single, IDM Mod,Gauges,'02 SD IC,Electric Fuel system and bunch of other stuff.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 03:20 AM
What else?

Send a message via AIM to smokyred
Re: OD Button

Pull your column plastic off, alot of times the wires wear through where they come out of the bottom of the shifter lever. If that's the case, you'll need a new shifter lever assembly.

Dave

'08 F250 6.4/Torqshift Spartan 310EL, Flo-Pro 4", White_monster air intake, RCD 4-link, RS9000's 584/1330
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Taking a break from trucks to play with guns!

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 04:15 AM Thread Starter
6.4's are my Hero.

Allright will do thanks.

'95 Ford F-350, CC,4x4,SWAMPS 300/200Hybrids,H-11 Head studs,Comp 910 Springs,Chromemoly push rods,modded TE 17*, GARRETT GT40 TURBO,built trans with 3 disc billet convertor,SWAMPS 6 position chip,3"DP to 6" single, IDM Mod,Gauges,'02 SD IC,Electric Fuel system and bunch of other stuff.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 12:43 PM
PSN Veteran

Very common to have broken wires. New shifter should fix it.

Eric
96 F-350 CC Dually
300/100% B codes, Stealth dual pumps, H2E, BTS trans, ARP head studs, Comp 910 valve springs, Tyrant Tunes

6.0 IC, Fuelab electric fuel pump, NAPA 6637 air filter, ITP Overboost Annihilator, AeroTurbine 4040XL
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 05:09 AM

Not a constant flash?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
6.4's are my Hero.

No its not a constant flash. Funny thing is it hasn't it done it since the night that I posted up.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 02:29 PM
OBS junkie

Couldn't you undo the wiring from the button & make a seprate switch on the dash for your OD off switch?

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Crazy Talk

Send a message via AIM to powerstrokenstang

thats what i did after mine broke off, but you only need a momentary switch

1996 F-250 ex-cab -D60- Motor,fire hoses-Nate,Tuning,Cam-Matt R,P-rods,dummy plugs-Wipe Out,Huffer-Engineered diesel,Carson,Gen3,Idm-Swamps,Rods,studs,fire rings-WOP,Clutch-Valair
455/400's in,S475 T-6 mounted

'84 f-350 2wd, 6.9l, 4spd, drw, flatbed. For Sale

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 07:54 PM
OBS junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstrokenstang View Post
thats what i did after mine broke off, but you only need a momentary switch
You have pics on how you did yours? Mine works now but down the road I'll probley just get a button or switch & mount it somewhere else like an older Dodge. With 31s & 4.10s I have to turn the OD off everytime I go into town or go on a bumpy dirt road. If your light on the throttle it will go into OD at 35mph & then come out as soon as you slow down for a light or if someone's turning & then go back into OD again as soon as your crusing about 35 or so. So I just turn it off & leave it off till I get out of town & can open it up to 45mph or more.

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode