ignition assembly - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

ignition assembly

I ahve a problem.The guys that were doing my body work on my 96 have lost my only key.Is there a way to get the ignition tumblar out without the key.

96,f-250 x-cab long bed,d-60,6'' skyjacker,3''sky rsk,sky crossover,38.5 hawgs,4:56's,Detroit,.030 over,hypermax push rods,Swamps 270cc hybrids,gauges,Tymar,3.5'' down 4'' back......

Coming sooon....Terminator twins,comp 910's,studs,tunes,D66,fuel sys,cooler and more......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 12:25 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: ignition assembly

Quote:
Originally Posted by robp823 View Post
I ahve a problem.The guys that were doing my body work on my 96 have lost my only key.Is there a way to get the ignition tumblar out without the key.
you should be able to go to ford and have them cut you a key....atleast that what I did. I had to show them title, granted it will only work if its the orginal ignition.

02 f250
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 03:09 AM
Demon Dually

Send a message via AIM to speeddemon31176 Send a message via Yahoo to speeddemon31176

Have the body shop pay for all new ignitioncylinder, door locks and glove box cylinder to be replaced. I bet they don't lose another key after that. At the least they should pay for a locksmith to come out and make a new key for your truck. There are ways of working a blank key and finding out where and how much to cut on the blank to make it work. The only other option than those or the dealer(if you are lucky enough to have the original cylinder) is to drill out the cylinder and remove it that way.

97 F-350 XLT CC DRW 4X4 PSD, 285/75-16 Custom bumpers, Gauges-boost/egt/trans, Swamps IDM, 3.5"dp- 4" exh., 3" Body lift, ES bushings/mounts, Built trans, billet conv, B&M pan, Hayden cooler, Adrenaline, stage 2's, IC, H2E, E-fuel
ARP's, 910's, Smith Bros. to come

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 03:17 AM
PSN Local

doesnt sound like your problem . tell them to call you when its fixed .

97 f 250 4*4 auto 7.3 4 '' ,pipe , chipped,306,480 and counting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode