Clutch out.... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
The Original

Clutch out....

I want to pick yalls brains.

I found a truck for sale here locally ad states:

"1995 4/dr duelle power stroke,clutch went out."

I have a 5spd and have seen and driven several 5spd trucks I've never seen one that just went out before.

I'm thinking culprits could be blown slave, busted master, or the clutch rod just popped off.

Do yall have any suggestions of what you think it might be? Could the clutch have completely just failed? I'm waiting for a response back on the add at the moment so I can go look at it.

Here's the truck.

[CENTER]1994 F350 4x4 5spd, 1995 F250 4x4 5spd, 1996 F250 4x2 auto, 1997 F350 4x4 auto, 1997 F250 4x2 auto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 10:31 PM
Demon Dually

Send a message via AIM to speeddemon31176 Send a message via Yahoo to speeddemon31176
Re: Clutch out....

They almost always fail slowly. If it just quit working instantaneously I would lean towards the rod having popped off. The other two posibilities you already mentioned being the slave or master. I would check the rod out then the master/slave and go from there. Ask questions as to whether or not there was a loud banging sound indicating the dual mass seperated at speed. If not then I would say that it is one of the three above mentioned possibilities.

97 F-350 XLT CC DRW 4X4 PSD, 285/75-16 Custom bumpers, Gauges-boost/egt/trans, Swamps IDM, 3.5"dp- 4" exh., 3" Body lift, ES bushings/mounts, Built trans, billet conv, B&M pan, Hayden cooler, Adrenaline, stage 2's, IC, H2E, E-fuel
ARP's, 910's, Smith Bros. to come

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode