Scan Gauge Interceptor - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 02:00 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Question Scan Gauge Interceptor

Well at least I could do some work with my new scan (testing it to familiarize with its functions), and now I want to ask somebody here because I got some codes:

just with the scan:
PO236 = turbocharger boost sensor A circuit, range or performance problem.
PO344 = CPS sensor A circuit intermittent (bank 1)

With the CCT:
P1298 = IDM failure
with the Buzz test
P1111

Please learn me about this, in my basic knowledge and common sense, seems that I have a bad MAP sensor, bad CPS sensor and a bad IDM, but it could be for the IDM mod? and the code for the buzz test is OK. any ideas?

One more question: should I clear the codes now or wait to do it?

BTW I made the work in the economy position of my TW chip. (forgot to put it in the stock postion). Does thats make any difference?

The truck works fine, just bad MPG.

Thanks in advance.

F-250 PSD 1996 ext.cab 2WD, Short bed, E4OD.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 02:01 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Scan Gauge Interceptor

i know p1111 means everything is good

02 f250
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 03:05 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Thumbs up Re: Scan Gauge Interceptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
i know p1111 means everything is good
Ok, thank you, we are agree in that, but the other codes?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 04:10 AM
Demon Dually

Send a message via AIM to speeddemon31176 Send a message via Yahoo to speeddemon31176
Re: Scan Gauge Interceptor

P1298 IDM failure means that there is a circuit fault within the IDM. Most likely water penetration into the housing and onto the circuit board. This is a common problem with them. Unbolt and remove the IDM from the truck and with the connector facing downward shake the IDM and listen/look for water intrusion.

P0344 CPS intermittent signal is a good sign of a failing CPS(CMP as Ford calls it). They are relatively cheap and easy to replace. Another issue with them is that if your water pump is leaking from the weep hole the coolant tends to flow directly toward the CPS. Also check the connector to the CPS for abrasions and or broken wires.

P0236 bis usually an indication of a loose, missing, or broken hose going to the MAP sensor. I would thoroughly check over the MAP line for cracks/breaks in the line. If you find nothing wrong with the line then check the connector to the MAP sensor and if all checks ok then MAP sensor replacement is in order.

97 F-350 XLT CC DRW 4X4 PSD, 285/75-16 Custom bumpers, Gauges-boost/egt/trans, Swamps IDM, 3.5"dp- 4" exh., 3" Body lift, ES bushings/mounts, Built trans, billet conv, B&M pan, Hayden cooler, Adrenaline, stage 2's, IC, H2E, E-fuel
ARP's, 910's, Smith Bros. to come
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Thumbs up Re: Scan Gauge Interceptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddemon31176 View Post
P1298 IDM failure means that there is a circuit fault within the IDM. Most likely water penetration into the housing and onto the circuit board. This is a common problem with them. Unbolt and remove the IDM from the truck and with the connector facing downward shake the IDM and listen/look for water intrusion.

I just did the IDM mod, and not rain, so Im sure there are not water in the housing or circuit board, thats the reason I asked if the mod could generate this code

P0344 CPS intermittent signal is a good sign of a failing CPS(CMP as Ford calls it). They are relatively cheap and easy to replace. Another issue with them is that if your water pump is leaking from the weep hole the coolant tends to flow directly toward the CPS. Also check the connector to the CPS for abrasions and or broken wires.

Ok, Im going to check first the connector and secondly maybe change the CPS and see what happens. No problem with my WP, is not leaking, I just changed the thermostat (203*)

P0236 bis usually an indication of a loose, missing, or broken hose going to the MAP sensor. I would thoroughly check over the MAP line for cracks/breaks in the line. If you find nothing wrong with the line then check the connector to the MAP sensor and if all checks ok then MAP sensor replacement is in order.

when I installed the boost gauge, I checked that hose and no cracks or breaks, so Im going to check the connector and maybe later replace the sensor.

Thanks for your input . First of all, Im going to clear the codes and scan again later and see what happens, because the codes could be stored time ago.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode