Door Buzzer - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Door Buzzer

Is their something in the stearing colum that controlls the door open buzzer as well? i was fixing my colum cover last night and now the dam open door buzzer works... but can get it to shut off by moving the cover around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Senior Veteran Member

Garage
Re: Door Buzzer

I disconnected mine from under dash.
Open door while laying on floorboard, listen where noise is emminating from under dash, feel the piece making that noise as it vibrates, it is easy to find, it is right there in front of you once laying there. Then disconnect it from its plug connector. Easy to do, 10 seconds to do.

Centxdiesel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1997 F250 XL SC, 512HP 1019TQ,
30% nozzle Hybrids from [email protected]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Adrenaline, Beans D-66,Beans E-Fuel,Valair Ceramic-Kevlar clutch.

Awesome Tuning by: Matt: from:

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

ya thats what i was gonna do... found it sorta wierd that it goes off now after playing with the stearing colum without the key in ignition... cant remember if my other ford did the same thing hehe

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Senior Veteran Member

Garage

Probably a pinched wire or something else causing a completed circuit.

Centxdiesel

1997 F250 XL SC, 512HP 1019TQ,
30% nozzle Hybrids from [email protected]
Adrenaline, Beans D-66,Beans E-Fuel,Valair Ceramic-Kevlar clutch.

Awesome Tuning by: Matt: from:

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

So i guess it is suppost to be on with door open... I took a quick look last night thier are no wires close to the screws only thing i noticed is that one of the tilt hings had been broken at some time and a pipe clamp put on it... I first noticed teh buzzer when i was using a screwdriver to push the dash to the drivers side a bit to see if i had the pannel locked in... Gotta pull the stearing wheel cover off again today and fix one of the screw holes that i broke... ill take a better look for pinched wires...

Man i like a forum that is helpfull... One of the VW jetta sites i used to go to i went in and asked a simple question about HID and reflector style headlights.. the Mod gave me some smart ass comment to search.... so after i posted the hit results of all the searches i had done he basically told me i was stupid... Had to tell him if he was so great on searching and their was so much info on the specific queston i was asking to post of the results for me... he shut up pretty quick... but wont be going back to that forum anyway had the same prob last year looking for a performance part for the jetta they told me it was stupid and a waste of money and you could not improve on perfection... no i see the part i was looking for in every performance site with good reviews..hehe ok done venting
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 02:39 AM
PSN Veteran

When it happens, check to see if the key cylinder turns by itself. On my wife's SCLB, there's a certain spot in the turn of the cylinder that you can pull the key out, but the cylinder isn't turned to the LOCK position. It's somewhere between LOCK and UNLOCK, and the column isn't locked and the cylinder turns, but the key is out. From there, you can turn the cylinder and start the truck without the key. In that state, it also rings the chime when you open the door. Turning the cylinder to the LOCK position returns everything to normal. I _think_ this is actually a symptom of a worn key, but it might be the cylinder itself that's worn too. We just have to be sure of the position of the key before we pull it out, so we don't leave the truck unsecured (as if it's really that secure....).
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 03:36 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Found the problem i think... when i took the cover off to repair it their is a ground wire running to a plastic clip up under the ign cyl. the plastic clip is broken and look like i moved it out of place.. put it back were it should be and door buzzer no longer goes off... guess i should have fixed it properly while i had it apart but next time
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 03:39 AM
Don't EFN worry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrock View Post
Found the problem i think... when i took the cover off to repair it their is a ground wire running to a plastic clip up under the ign cyl. the plastic clip is broken and look like i moved it out of place.. put it back were it should be and door buzzer no longer goes off... guess i should have fixed it properly while i had it apart but next time
Mine does the same thing. I still have the headlight reminder but the key in ignition part is fubed.

97 crew cab shorty-4x4 Lots of mods .
Tuned by T Wildman
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Construction Babysitter

I would like to get my headlight reminder to work. The chime does work. It comes on for a few seconds when you turn key to on position. I would also like to get the seatbelt reminder to work. I know on later model vehicles there is a sequence to turn these things on and off. Is that the case on OBS's? Could a bad ignition cylinder cause all of these things to now work?

Dave

99.5 F250 Lariat : 6" lift on 37" Toyo MT's, DP Tunes, Built Transmission, Airbags, AIH Delete, 38R, Banks Big Head, CCV Mod, Sinister Regulated Return, IH bellowed up pipes, AFE Stage II, ISSPro Performax gauges, Scan Gauge, Casserly Stage I's, T-500 HPOP, Swamp's IDM
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 12:29 AM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooner View Post
I would like to get my headlight reminder to work. The chime does work. It comes on for a few seconds when you turn key to on position. I would also like to get the seatbelt reminder to work. I know on later model vehicles there is a sequence to turn these things on and off. Is that the case on OBS's? Could a bad ignition cylinder cause all of these things to now work?
I'd love to know how the headlight chime system works. On my 95 F250 the only thing that gives a chime is the door and that seems to stay on for arbitrary lengths of time. In other words, close the door and it might shut off immediately or stay on for a few seconds. Likewise, it will seemingly turn off at random intervals with the door still open and there's definitely no headlight chime.

I've already had to jump the truck once on account of leaving the lights on and I've come close to leaving them on all night on a few occasions. I know I'm a total failure for that but my daily driver automatically turns them off so I've developed the nasty habit of leaving them on....Anyways, any advice on getting the headlight chime working?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode