glow shift - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
Dieselholic

glow shift

Im getting glow shift gauges for my truck, im getting fuel pressure 0-100psi, pyro and boost 0-35psi, will i have any problems with the needle bouncing on the fuel pressure gauge?

94.5 F250 4x4 Manual, Tymar Intake, 3in downpipe, Glowshift Black 7 color Boost and Pyro.

Still on the list: Valiar Clutch, New or reflashed ECM, Stage 1's DIY's, and some sort of chip.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 04:10 AM
I Just Break Stuff

Re: glow shift

I run glow shift gauges and I havnt had a problem with any of them what so ever. Had em about a year and a half.

06 f250 cc Lariat
4 inch Turbo Back
EGR Delete by FCDP
SCT w/Gearhead tunes
Lowered 3 Inches
ARPs
Barder stage 3
Warren Diesel 190/100s
Fluidampr
No Limit intake
Full billet Tranny
6.4 Banjos
AD II
CTS Monitor
GS Elite Gauges
Zex Nitrous
IPR Oil Cooler Relocation kit
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 05:34 AM
Metal - It kicks your ass

GlowShift is good. Very underrated IMO.

I like mine but would like to trade them out. They are hard to see in the daytime with the tinted lenses is why.

Modded L99

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Dieselholic

I've heard of people talking about the needle on the fuel gauge might bounce since its a 94.5 with a mechanical fuel pump. Where could I even tap into to put the sending unit? I was thinking the shrader valve on the side of the fuel bowl, does anyone know what thread it is or is a "special" thread?

94.5 F250 4x4 Manual, Tymar Intake, 3in downpipe, Glowshift Black 7 color Boost and Pyro.

Still on the list: Valiar Clutch, New or reflashed ECM, Stage 1's DIY's, and some sort of chip.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Demon Dually

Send a message via AIM to speeddemon31176 Send a message via Yahoo to speeddemon31176

Well since you are a diesel tech I will let you in on a secret. That mechanical fuel pump you refer to is found on every powerstroke 7.3 from 94.5-97. They changed over to a dead head electric pump system with the body change to the superduty.

That "special thread" you are asking about where the schrader valve is located on the fuel pressure regulator, which is bolted to the fuel bowl, is 1/8" NPT.

97 F-350 XLT CC DRW 4X4 PSD, 285/75-16 Custom bumpers, Gauges-boost/egt/trans, Swamps IDM, 3.5"dp- 4" exh., 3" Body lift, ES bushings/mounts, Built trans, billet conv, B&M pan, Hayden cooler, Adrenaline, stage 2's, IC, H2E, E-fuel
ARP's, 910's, Smith Bros. to come
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
Dieselholic

I know that every obs has a mechanical fuel pump, but is there constant pressure in the fuel bowl or does is pulse from filling up the injectors. And I didn't know if it was different thread from the plugs in the side of the fuel bowl or not.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 01:07 AM
Demon Dually

Send a message via AIM to speeddemon31176 Send a message via Yahoo to speeddemon31176

No there isn't any pressure in stock form in the fuel bowl. The pressure is in the FPR. It is a bypass PFR system. There is pulsation in the FPR due to the pump being mechanical. If you are asking if the gauge will bounce around then yes probably. I know the mechanical gauges do but there is a snubber that you can install that will limit the amount of variation in the line.

97 F-350 XLT CC DRW 4X4 PSD, 285/75-16 Custom bumpers, Gauges-boost/egt/trans, Swamps IDM, 3.5"dp- 4" exh., 3" Body lift, ES bushings/mounts, Built trans, billet conv, B&M pan, Hayden cooler, Adrenaline, stage 2's, IC, H2E, E-fuel
ARP's, 910's, Smith Bros. to come
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
Dieselholic

Ok thanks thats what i needed to know

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 11:18 PM
PSN Newb

ive got glowshift trans, exh temp, and 60psi boost and havent had any problems.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode