Is there any truth to this at all??? I CALL BULL #### - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 05:51 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Arrow Is there any truth to this at all??? I CALL BULL ####

Well I was on here looken around and found this(Filtered Used motor oil definitely is a get out of a big fine card.
Got pulled out of the "border patrol" line on the 8 to have my fuel sampled..... Was black. I was asked what the f*&k are you running in this thing?
50/50 ULSD and used motor oil/ trans fluid.
I had 25 gallons of off road diesel and 3 gallons of used oil....
I was crapping myself....) Iv ran off road diesel in my obs before and it never hurt tha beast, but stopped when i herd some horror storys about people geting cault running it.
Can you really do this and the truck still run the same and not hurt anything. What would it do to your fuel mileage??? plz b truthfull to. Im trying to save money here and not replace a motor or somthing of that nature!

1999 Ford F.250 4X4 Cortex
1976 Ford F.100 step-side 347 STROKER (Fast)
1963 Ford F.100 4X4 (ORIGINAL 223CI)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 06:17 AM
Metal - It kicks your ass

Re: Is there any truth to this at all??? I CALL BULL ####

I know of people putting 2 stroke oil in it, and some have used old motor oil, but not 3 gallons worth. And if the border patrol believed that it was 50/50 fuel and oil then they are dumbasses. I wouldn't try used motor oil, but 2 stroke oil helps a bit.

Modded L99

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Demon Dually

Send a message via AIM to speeddemon31176 Send a message via Yahoo to speeddemon31176

Could you run a mixture of used motor oil...sure. What that would do to your engine be it good or bad is up in the air without someone having tested it. I haven't personally heard of anyone using that much used oil mixed with their fuel but someone probably has tried it thanks to the price of fuel nowadays.

97 F-350 XLT CC DRW 4X4 PSD, 285/75-16 Custom bumpers, Gauges-boost/egt/trans, Swamps IDM, 3.5"dp- 4" exh., 3" Body lift, ES bushings/mounts, Built trans, billet conv, B&M pan, Hayden cooler, Adrenaline, stage 2's, IC, H2E, E-fuel
ARP's, 910's, Smith Bros. to come

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 11:06 AM
<< Very Soon

I've heard of two stroke, but I'm not sure I would want to put used motor oil in the tank to burn. I would rather get raped at the pump rather than potentially ruining my engine and or injectors.... just my .02

You can't have everything....where would you put it?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

250/173 Injectors
TS Chip with TW tunes
4 inch smoker
38R
AFE intake
etc
etc

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Fire junkie

Like to know were he is at? B.P. has NO authority to be dipping tanks first off, alot of people dont know it but the only thing they can legally ask you is if you are a U.S. citizen, if they suspect anything then they can have to pull off to the side and inspect your car / truck. Wife always gets mad at me cause when we go thru a B.P. station here they always ask me were Im going, I just look at them and say "up the road" its none of the business were Im going, as far as the used oil, Im calling B.S. to, 3 gallon's of used oil????

Roy

96 F250 C.C. , Rebuilt E4ODx2, open air intake, Hypermax downpipe,straight 4", Stage 1's, Autometer EGT, Boost, & Tran temp, Upgraded trannie cooler, Custom home built front & rear bumpers, head ache rack and 60 gal. Aux. fuel tank
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 03:28 PM
screw the DARK SIDE

some of the biggest trucking companys in the country run an oil dripper, when they get there oil changed they put the used oil in a separate tank on the truck and then the oil is ran into the fuel tanks. Personaly i use my old oil run it through a filter and put it right into the fuel tanks of my semis. My trucks havent had any problems related to the used oil in my tanks yet. I put 4 gallons per side in 120 gallon tank.

2007 f350
1997 F350.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Well do yall think that just a little bit of filtered used motor oil in the fuel just to make it black would hurt anything. Just so noone could tell its dyed???

1999 Ford F.250 4X4 Cortex
1976 Ford F.100 step-side 347 STROKER (Fast)
1963 Ford F.100 4X4 (ORIGINAL 223CI)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 06:03 PM
screw the DARK SIDE

i dont know on a 7.3 i would probly not do it just cause the littlest amount of dirt or somthing could ruin an inecter. But on the other hand if u filter it good and make sure u change ur fuel filter like recomended i would think that the fuel filter would do itrs job.

2007 f350
1997 F350.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 04:02 AM
What else?

Send a message via AIM to smokyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETaylor0056 View Post
Well do yall think that just a little bit of filtered used motor oil in the fuel just to make it black would hurt anything. Just so noone could tell its dyed???
There are some pictures further down in the forums of a guys injectors after running filtered motor oil.

Personally, with all of the small metal particles and acids that even a 2 micron filter won't take out, I wouldn't run used oil in my truck, stock or modified.

I understand wanting to save money on fuel, but if you get caught, how long will you have had to run offroad fuel to break even on the fine? It's not worth it IMO. I've put some in my truck before, so I can't say I'm innocent, but it's never been a full tank.

If you're gonna run offroad, I would suggest putting in trans fluid. At least then you won't be lying if they ask what you're running. You can tell them it's for lubrication for the ULSD.

Dave

'08 F250 6.4/Torqshift Spartan 310EL, Flo-Pro 4", White_monster air intake, RCD 4-link, RS9000's 584/1330

Taking a break from trucks to play with guns!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode