OBS Fuel Leak Questions - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

OBS Fuel Leak Questions

When taking my runningboards off the other day I noticed fuel along my frame in front of the front fuel tank. I checked it out today and found it is at a connection point where a brake line sized tube with what looks like a coil spring around it meets what looks similar to a brake line. The leak is fairly small but the connection point and the line toward the rear of the truck is fairly rusted (obviously, after 13 years). The line goes toward the rear tank, loops through a bracket on the rear axle assembly, and then moves forward to a "dead head," where it is capped off. Any input is greatly appreciated, as I have no idea how to go about this or what its purpose is. Thanks and sorry for the long post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1 psd edit.jpg (725.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 2 psd edit.jpg (805.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 3 psd edit.jpg (736.0 KB, 11 views)

1997 F250 XLT CC/SB 7.3 - TS 6-position with Swamps tunes, John Wood Towmaster Trans, Tru-Cool, D60 with Sky RSK, Hypermax 5" exhaust, 3" DP, gauges, 18" Procomp 1069's, 325/65/18 Hankook Dynapro ATM, afe stage II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 02:02 AM
Dairy Mechanic

Re: OBS Fuel Leak Questions

Pretty sure it's a brake line. More than likely gonna have to get a new line.

96 Ford F-350 200 cc's, Electric fuel system, TS chip, 17 oil pump, Banks intercooler, 3" intake manifolds, SNOW Water-Meth system, South Bend DxD 3600, Banks brake, 4" stacks. Tuff country ladder bars.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IH RULES Not a 6.0 fan, engine out right now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 02:13 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

haha yeah i should have known that seeing as it looks just like a brake line but figured it was fuel because the liquid was greenish-yellow. forgot brake fluid is the same color.

1997 F250 XLT CC/SB 7.3 - TS 6-position with Swamps tunes, John Wood Towmaster Trans, Tru-Cool, D60 with Sky RSK, Hypermax 5" exhaust, 3" DP, gauges, 18" Procomp 1069's, 325/65/18 Hankook Dynapro ATM, afe stage II

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 02:15 AM
Dairy Mechanic

Your fuel lines are the lines right below the leak.

96 Ford F-350 200 cc's, Electric fuel system, TS chip, 17 oil pump, Banks intercooler, 3" intake manifolds, SNOW Water-Meth system, South Bend DxD 3600, Banks brake, 4" stacks. Tuff country ladder bars.

IH RULES Not a 6.0 fan, engine out right now.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

oh yeah i knew that just figured it was yet another fuel line (for some reason). thanks for your help

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Demon Dually

Send a message via AIM to speeddemon31176 Send a message via Yahoo to speeddemon31176

Yep brake line for sure. I just replaced that very line when doing my body lift cause the dang socket flew off the impact gun and whacked the line creating a horrible leak. Glad I found it that way instead of driving down the road though.

97 F-350 XLT CC DRW 4X4 PSD, 285/75-16 Custom bumpers, Gauges-boost/egt/trans, Swamps IDM, 3.5"dp- 4" exh., 3" Body lift, ES bushings/mounts, Built trans, billet conv, B&M pan, Hayden cooler, Adrenaline, stage 2's, IC, H2E, E-fuel
ARP's, 910's, Smith Bros. to come

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode