Wiring Harness/Interior Swap.. gone bad? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 05:35 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Wiring Harness/Interior Swap.. gone bad?

I just ripped out the interior in my 95 F350 XL Diesel, competely gutted.. installed the new wiring harness from an XLT truck i had cause it had all the built in power options, alarm and keyless entry blah blah blah, I go to start the truck up after i completely installed everything and the truck started right up, had a door open indecator beeping sound that i never had that thought was kinda cool hahaha but the wierd thing is, my AC, heat and all that works, but no light up background, my rpm, fuel guage and odometer works but again no light up background but yet my ABS and parking brake light are on?, my highbeam low beam works along with my wipers but no left or right turn signal or hazards but yet my left and right turning indicator works in the dash?? nor do my power point or cigarette lighter work... but yet my glove box light works when its open.. everything that doesnt work I no for a fact I hooked up.. everythings a plug in deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 01:19 AM
Demon Dually

Send a message via AIM to speeddemon31176 Send a message via Yahoo to speeddemon31176
Re: Wiring Harness/Interior Swap.. gone bad?

Sounds like a loose or disconnected ground. I would go over every harness and wire you can get at and look carefully for a loose, disconnected, or missing ground wire.

97 F-350 XLT CC DRW 4X4 PSD, 285/75-16 Custom bumpers, Gauges-boost/egt/trans, Swamps IDM, 3.5"dp- 4" exh., 3" Body lift, ES bushings/mounts, Built trans, billet conv, B&M pan, Hayden cooler, Adrenaline, stage 2's, IC, H2E, E-fuel
ARP's, 910's, Smith Bros. to come
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I believe there is only 2 grounds for the interior wiring harness, I could be wrong but I remember bolting them to the passenger and driver side kick panels.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 04:40 AM
PMS medication required

It seems to me that there should be more to it than just the wiring inside the cab? Shouldn't there also be additional wiring going through the FW? BTW how hard is it to take the whole dash apart to get to all the wiring?

96 F350 4x4 XLT 7.3 76,472 orig miles, Stage I's, Adrenaline, IDM, EBPV, Tymar intake, Banks intercooler, downpipe, gauges, TW 6 position chip, John Wood Towmaster, 1.0 turbo, WW II, Electric fuel conversion, RSK, OH console, Durn cat done run off an I can't find it.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

the interior wiring harness and the engine compartment wiring harness plug into eachother, the harness thats in the truck now came from a 96, and mine is a 95.. both were identical but the year.

dash is fairly simple to remove unbolt and unplug.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Demon Dually

Send a message via AIM to speeddemon31176 Send a message via Yahoo to speeddemon31176

Perhaps there was a pinout change between the model years or maybe a change in pinout due to the xlt ve xl difference as in power windows/locks/seats etc..

97 F-350 XLT CC DRW 4X4 PSD, 285/75-16 Custom bumpers, Gauges-boost/egt/trans, Swamps IDM, 3.5"dp- 4" exh., 3" Body lift, ES bushings/mounts, Built trans, billet conv, B&M pan, Hayden cooler, Adrenaline, stage 2's, IC, H2E, E-fuel
ARP's, 910's, Smith Bros. to come

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode