e4od - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
stoneykegonsa

e4od

Now that the warm weather has returned truck is not shifting from 1st to 2nd all the time some times it needs to be done manualy this is only a problem after trany has warmed up eany ideas thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Demon Dually

Send a message via AIM to speeddemon31176 Send a message via Yahoo to speeddemon31176
Re: e4od

Are you getting a flashing O/D light? If so then you need to have the truck hooked to a scanner. I would be suspect of a bad solenoid pack. I just put a new stage 3 trans in my truck and the company I bought it from had gotten a bad solenoid pack that they put in then when I put the trans in I had to have them send me two more until I finally got a good one. They ended up ordering a new one from ford for me. The reman company they were using named Recon has very poor quality control. I wouldn't get one from them. Moral of the story is that ypu either have a bad solenoid pack or an internal seal failure. The pack is easy to change. The seal would require a tear down though unless your valve body is sticking in which case you could swap out valve bodies.

97 F-350 XLT CC DRW 4X4 PSD, 285/75-16 Custom bumpers, Gauges-boost/egt/trans, Swamps IDM, 3.5"dp- 4" exh., 3" Body lift, ES bushings/mounts, Built trans, billet conv, B&M pan, Hayden cooler, Adrenaline, stage 2's, IC, H2E, E-fuel
ARP's, 910's, Smith Bros. to come
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 05:36 PM
PSN Veteran

my guess is valve body issues

02 f250

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 04:08 AM
PSN Local

I also suggest you get your codes read... It does not necessarily require the OD light to flash in order to set a code. It probably is the solenoid pack as speeddemon suggested..

95 E350 Cargo, E4OD , B/M aluminium Pan / 2 HD Trans coolers , Dana 60FF 3:55 , 140 V idm , Autometer guages , TDEO Dp flashed 60 Tow , EBPV delete , BB shim , cat sleeps with the fishes, Timbren SES, stage 1's coming soon
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 08:49 AM
PSN Local

i had a similar problem last year.had to start out in 2nd gear then to drive.turned out to be the first gear shift solenoid.good luck.

'96 F-250 reg cab 2wd auto Posi 3:55s
1/4 mile 15.6 @ 88 mph
K&N air filter 70k
snow performance water/methanol injection
edge evolution,3" downpipe to 5" single stack
'00 F-350 reg cab 2wd dually bone stock needs a bed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode