Another problem... need help!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Another problem... need help!!

Guys I need your help I got another problem with the truck... My truck is pissing coolant out of the overflow!! Its a 94.5 and once it comes up to temp it will just piss it out like i put way too much in, even if I only put a little in. I just replaced the Thermostat and check for a HG blown and it looks good. Water pump maybe? Have any of you ran into this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 07:43 PM
PSN Local

Re: Another problem... need help!!

Did you replace the radiator cap yet ?

1994 F350 Dually w/Powerstroke M.T. 101,000 miles
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Its the stock radiator cap as far as I know. What would I change it too?

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 10:05 PM
PSN Local

If it gets worn out it won't hold the proper pressure and they system can't operate correctly.

You have to fill the system up entirely or it will get a steam pocket and create all kinds of hell. I would say that's where you are. I drilled a small hole in my new thermostat at the edge to help aviod it. If yours didn't come with one there is probably a bunch of air trapped under the thermostat and in the block. The stock one had something built in. I would fill it with water for testing purposes and drain it out after you get the problem figured out if thats not the issue.

1994 F350 Dually w/Powerstroke M.T. 101,000 miles
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Thanks for the insite. I will look into that before I go tearing into the water pump. Is there like a small drain that I can use to get the air out a little bit?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

bump

I have replaced my water pump, my thermostat, filled the coolant all the way up. Bled the air out and the truck will just boil coolant over out of the overflow.

I have no water in my oil and no oil in my coolant. I have the degas bottle or whatever its called and I cannot get it to hold coolant. What am I doing wrong? Does anyone have a procedure to do this specificly? It shouldnt be dif than any other system should it?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 07:25 PM
Demon Dually

Send a message via AIM to speeddemon31176 Send a message via Yahoo to speeddemon31176

Smell the coolant and see if it smells like diesel fuel. You may have cracked injector cups. Another possibility is a blown head gasket.

97 F-350 XLT CC DRW 4X4 PSD, 285/75-16 Custom bumpers, Gauges-boost/egt/trans, Swamps IDM, 3.5"dp- 4" exh., 3" Body lift, ES bushings/mounts, Built trans, billet conv, B&M pan, Hayden cooler, Adrenaline, stage 2's, IC, H2E, E-fuel
ARP's, 910's, Smith Bros. to come
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I smelled it and it does not smell like fuel. I am worried its the HG but I have no signs that it is in either the coolant or the oil and dont want to tear into it until im sure thats it.

Is there a way to check the injector cups?

To fill the coolant I put it in the tank and leave the bleeder valve open till it fills. Then I run it and let that bleed the rest of the air out... anything else that I need to do? The bleeder valve is on the pump correct?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 08:08 PM
PSN Local

Your plastic reservoir maybe cracked. I had the same problem a few summers ago. Mine split across the seam and didnt notice it till I saw the coolant came out.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfinnegan View Post
Your plastic reservoir maybe cracked. I had the same problem a few summers ago. Mine split across the seam and didnt notice it till I saw the coolant came out.
I will double check that but i didnt notice it before... I will pour out of the overflow hose and nowhere else that I noticed. I will double check tonight either way.

Any other suggestions?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode