Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

NEED HELP Bench Starting 7.3

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Turd-250 
#1 ·
I have a 95 7.3, trying to start it on the ground. Truck is long gone, I did however save the throttle pedal assembly from the cab. I have the engine dangling off the engine hoist with the harness draped over it. I have the IDM and PCM both plugged in. The fuses that I have inserted are MAXI fuses 8 (IDM relay) 9 (PCM relay) 12 (Diode) and 22 (PCM). The IDM and PCM relays are intact as well. Fuse 22 receives power from ignition ON so I traced wire to the big bulkhead firewall plug. The pin/wire I put power to that energized fuse 22 on that plug was bigger gauge RED with green stripe. As for grounds, there is a ground coming off either the pcm or idm box and I grounded that. There was two other ground eylets in the mass of wires I hooked up as well. And lastly on that big bulkhead plug there was one pin that was a bit bigger gauge and black that I decided to ground as well and doing so I could hear the IDM click. So with everything hooked up I have power going thru all fuses and both relays sending power out. I cant find a schematic anywhere for that bulkhead firewall plug that labels each pin. Can't find EVTM manual online either. I need to hook up the throttle and don't know where to splice into for it. I cranked it with what I have hooked up so far too and dont hear the distant injector firing cackle. A pin out of the bulkhead firewall plug would really help me. Any help is appreciated, thanks everyone.

#4 ·
I'll attach the C202 diagram out of my 94 EVTM, but it won't really be useful without the diagrams to go with it (and there are a bunch of diagrams). The 95 should be the same pinout (my DVD versions only go back to 1996). Cheers!

Attachments

#5 ·
Look up a guy named Mark Fuga, his handle is @markfuga I think. He makes pretty affordable EFUEL kits (which I have one), but also has a YouTube video of getting a 7.3 to run with very minimal wiring on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.