NEED HELP Bench Starting 7.3 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

NEED HELP Bench Starting 7.3

I have a 95 7.3, trying to start it on the ground. Truck is long gone, I did however save the throttle pedal assembly from the cab. I have the engine dangling off the engine hoist with the harness draped over it. I have the IDM and PCM both plugged in. The fuses that I have inserted are MAXI fuses 8 (IDM relay) 9 (PCM relay) 12 (Diode) and 22 (PCM). The IDM and PCM relays are intact as well. Fuse 22 receives power from ignition ON so I traced wire to the big bulkhead firewall plug. The pin/wire I put power to that energized fuse 22 on that plug was bigger gauge RED with green stripe. As for grounds, there is a ground coming off either the pcm or idm box and I grounded that. There was two other ground eylets in the mass of wires I hooked up as well. And lastly on that big bulkhead plug there was one pin that was a bit bigger gauge and black that I decided to ground as well and doing so I could hear the IDM click. So with everything hooked up I have power going thru all fuses and both relays sending power out. I cant find a schematic anywhere for that bulkhead firewall plug that labels each pin. Can't find EVTM manual online either. I need to hook up the throttle and don't know where to splice into for it. I cranked it with what I have hooked up so far too and dont hear the distant injector firing cackle. A pin out of the bulkhead firewall plug would really help me. Any help is appreciated, thanks everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 07:36 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: NEED HELP Bench Starting 7.3

I'm not the guy that has the pin out, but, some more specifics are needed.

Auto or standard trans?
4wheel drive or 2?

PCM code?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Truck was standard, No port to hook up diagnostics, truck was 2wd. I have multiple Standard PCMs that I switched around to make sure mine wasn't bad

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 01:23 AM
PSN Veteran

I'll attach the C202 diagram out of my 94 EVTM, but it won't really be useful without the diagrams to go with it (and there are a bunch of diagrams). The 95 should be the same pinout (my DVD versions only go back to 1996). Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1994 C202.pdf (894.4 KB, 11 views)

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3 DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 02:46 AM
Project Shamu

Look up a guy named Mark Fuga, his handle is @markfuga I think. He makes pretty affordable EFUEL kits (which I have one), but also has a YouTube video of getting a 7.3 to run with very minimal wiring on it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1996 Cali F350 CCFB, 7.3 PSD, 2wd SAS, w/ 380,000 miles.
New Motor at 352,000, DieselSite Legendary Trans at 356,000 and many more
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 01:40 AM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

sub'd! @Onirot69

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode