Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What gauges would you run?

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  JCart 
#1 ·
Hey Fellas,

Suggestions please been a fan of Isspro for 2 trucks, need a set for Tan truck. I have Auto Enginuity, thinking basic gauges, EGT, Boost and ??? Will be installing IC it’s on the shelf. What would you install if you had to do it again and why.

It’s a DD and will tow once in a while typically will be <8,000lbs 5th wheel TT or aluminum dump trailer.

Thanks for suggestions.
j

#2 ·
I would run a cts2 if I had to do it again. It's a little more but you can also monitor, icp, ipr %, ebps, and a few others that you want. But if you want analog I would run isspro. Then run egt, fuel pressure and trans temp if you have an auto. Boost is optional in my opinion

#5 ·
I also have ISSPRO but I went with EGT, and boost. My problem was that I was thinking big and went with a 60psi boost gauge instead of one that I could actually get a better reading from.

I really don't see a need for a fuel pressure gauge. If you don't have any fuel pressure the most that is going to happen is the engine will stall.

I would think about a real oil pressure gauge for a third one

#6 ·
The only reason I said fuel pressure is anything below 45 psi can damage your injectors. With having brand new 205/30's in his truck, that is what I would be worried about.

#10 ·
Guess I should have mentioned ZF-5, don’t really need to monitor tranny temp at this point. Seems my Son tried to run a CTS or maybe was a CTS2 (as a monitor) with his Hydra and it was unstable, would screen crash often.

Thinking EGT with probe in exhaust manifold drivers side. Boost gauge to protect turbo as it’s a stock carrier with KC300SX exhaust wheel/shaft and 6/6 billet intake wheel, 360 bearing kit and 1.0 A/R exhaust housing. I think the 205/30s will probably boost beyond efficiency range of turbo so be good to monitor that.

Do you guys think 7.3 E pump mounted with Donaldson PH80005 filter h20 separator and post pump Cat 1R-750 on frame with stock OBS lines to valley will work? Then Russel 3/8” lines to rear high flow banjo ports (at firewall end of heads) to RiffRaff high flow banjos at front of heads to stock returns into Aeromotive regulator set at 65 psi will keep up to 205/30s? Seems to pull strong, not really romped on it without gauges yet though. I don’t think I can monitor fuel pressure with Auto Enginuity can I? I don’t use it often as i find it finicky and seems unstable.

Was also thinking engine oil temp but not sure what range or where I’d tap into monitor, possibly a T on existing sending unit back of HPOP Reservoir? LPO Pressure, mmm has a new Melling on it in last 3 months.

Keep suggestions coming and thanks for insights.
j

#12 ·
Heh heh... yup he’s always full of P&V when it comes to the OLD man.... good news (so far) is his peeeunny ECSB isn’t on the page, in the book, Library, Town or province when it comes to ponies now. :D

Tells me he’s 6.7 shopping (and is abandoning his 7.3), so will be getting that one back... :laugh::grin:

Never hurts to throw a little gas right... :laugh:>:)

#13 ·
To get oil temp, icp,ipr,exhaust pack pressure you can always run the torque app on a phone. You cant see fuel pressure on AE. In your other thread I told you to extend the gauge on the fpr up to the window so you can do a few wot runs and see what it does.

#14 ·
Miss read that thought it was HPOP Pressure. Can for sure attach my existing gauge (on FPR) and extend on hp hose to watch. Also was thinking just tape an old phone under there (I.e., camera function) and do some launches.. heh heh. Notion was to wait until I got gauges, prior to WOT runs.

Good idea though thanks.

#15 ·
Isspro EV2s
Boost 0-60 psi
EGT 0-1,600 F
Engine Oil temp 140-320 F
A Pillar mount
Hydra pillar mount

Ordered to match stock green gauge light, black face, white lettering, red needle. Old school plain Jane look.
j

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.