Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1997 F350 Died while driving

2K views 31 replies 8 participants last post by  longjonsilver 
#1 ·
Hey there, about a week ago I was driving about 65 mph when truck turned off on me and had to get her towed. I already had the IPR changed to fix a no start issue I had a week before. I've got no CEL, new batteries, new CPS from ford, and new fuel filter. Frankly I'm stuck on what to do. If anyone has any ideas or even fault trees, that'd be amazing. Thank you.

#5 ·
Yup, your friend is right, the pcm needs a few values to be met before it will let the injectors fire.

1) min 100rpm cranking speed
2) 500psi of ICP pressure
3) 10v of battery

#6 ·
Check the #22 fuse with a meter, they can look fine and still not be good. This fuse powers the PCM relay among other things and without it nothing works. Also check the #9 fuse under the hood, this one powers the PCM.

With no WTS light this usually means that the PCM isn't getting any power.

#7 ·
Check fuse 8 as well - that is the IDM fuse. Fuse 17 protects the key switch that supplies power to a couple of the other fuses mentioned.

Cj

#13 ·
Check the power to the fuses and make sure that you have 12 volts on them. #22 and #9 under the hood inpatictular. If you are not sure what number the fuses are do a search on here for the fuse diagram. I'd post it again but I am on a phone

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Well all the fuses passed the Ohms test from earlier, but I totally forgot about checking for DCV. Anyways, all of them read 12 except for #22. Read 17. Not the most electrical advanced person, but would that create a no start? And if so, how can I fix it? Slap another fuse in there or would I have to change the fuel heater in order to fix it. Thank y'all a ton and hope this is the problem.

#19 ·
Has to be a fluke. The batteries cant put out 17.
Did you ever actually unplug the fuel heater? Go ahead and swap fuse 22 along with the pcm relay.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#22 ·
Have oddly seen some act funny and cause a no start. Worth trying.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.