97 F250HD CC Power Window Issues - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Today, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
CLS_2012

97 F250HD CC Power Window Issues

Hey guys, been a PSD owner for a while and this is the first issue that I have not been able to figure out. I purchased my most current PSD about a year ago and it is defiantly needed some TLC at 315K miles. I worked on all of the mechanical first and now I am on to all of the minor issues and currently working on the power windows. Since I have got it the only one that works is the driver window. I though it was the motors with the age of the truck so started the tear down and turns out they are good when hooked to direct power and ground.

I have tested the main switch at the Driver door and it is good with power flowing as it should, each individual switch at each door test good and the connectors test good.

Now the puzzling issue, I test the connection with the motor hooked up and when I try the switch to go up it works and have 1 leg hot and the other grounded as it should be I believe, but when I go down both legs are hot and the motor does nothing. I have done this on the original motor as well as the new one I purchased and get the same results. I have switched the terminals around and get the opposite results.

Anyone have a clue what is going on?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode