PCM reflash for split shot injectors in OBS non Cali - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

PCM reflash for split shot injectors in OBS non Cali

Hello everyone, I’m in desperate need of some expert wisdom lol.. I have a 1997 f350 with all 8 AB injectors it is a NON CALI... the truck had these when I bought it 3 years ago I’ve done a ton of work to it including a couple injectors and new pcm and was shocked to see the ABs I cannot for the life of me figure out how this truck is gunning so good with these in it as it is not set up to run them.. I have a ts6 chip and a few other mods but there has always been a studded in overdrive between 1200 to 1500 rpm while cruising and easing on the throttle I can only assume it is bc it has split shots in it so I am wondering where to find the tunes or flashes to reprogram my pcm to run them and if anyone has done this or heard of this please help I will respond ASAP I’m checking this thread constantly lol

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 05:45 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: PCM reflash for split shot injectors in OBS non Cali

If you are running a DPC-202 PCM (E4OD automatic trans) you would reflash the PCM to a MIF-series code (MIF7 was the latest version I think). If you are running a DPC-203 PCM (ZF 5-speed) you would reflash the PCM to an AUG-series code (AUG7 is the latest on that one I think). Those are the 1996 Cali programs for splitshots for DPC-202/203 PCMs. What that would do to your chip, I don't know. You could also find someone that can program your chip to run splitshots (I wouldn't know who to recommend for TS chips). Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3 DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Feeley View Post
If you are running a DPC-202 PCM (E4OD automatic trans) you would reflash the PCM to a MIF-series code (MIF7 was the latest version I think). If you are running a DPC-203 PCM (ZF 5-speed) you would reflash the PCM to an AUG-series code (AUG7 is the latest on that one I think). Those are the 1996 Cali programs for splitshots for DPC-202/203 PCMs. What that would do to your chip, I don't know. You could also find someone that can program your chip to run splitshots (I wouldn't know who to recommend for TS chips). Cheers!
Thanks for the reply.. where do I find those? I have a passthrew.. is that the only options to reflash? Or is there a place to get custom flashes to download like later shift times.. commanding more fuel etc. and I spoke with thoroughbred diesel (where I got the ts6 chip) and they said they cannot reflash it and I’ve also hear that the chip overrides the pcm?? Is that true? I can’t imagine it would override everything the pcm does.. also just flashing a 97 Cali truck program to my pcm would that be sufficient to run my split shots? I thought they need a pulser and other things

Thanks for any info

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 12:43 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: PCM reflash for split shot injectors in OBS non Cali

If Thoroughbred can put a program on the chip to run splits, that would probably be the easiest option. If you were wanting to go to a stock (1996!) split program on the PCM as I mentioned, someone like DP Tuner could probably do it. I don't think you can run a 1997 splitshot program on a DPC-202/203 (IIRC I was told that by a knowledgeable tuner). If you are going to run a chip for more performance, etc. just get the chip programmed. Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3 DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode