Pain in the A** - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Pain in the A**

ok so here is the thing, i have a 95 F250 XLT extended cab with a &># and an E4OD.

i have an issue with the transmission.
it seems to only work in 3rd and 2nd and reverse.
when put in D the truck only works in 3rd, if i put it in 1 it seems to shift dwn into 2nd

here is the weird thing, my OD OFF light blinks constantly, and i keep blowing fuse position # 9
(PCM,PCM pwr relay, electronic trans control, IPR, IDM)

before i became suspicious of the problem being an electrical, i dropped the pan to change the filter.

HERES THE KICKER- THE PAN WAS CLEAN

well..as clean as to be expected in a truck with 279k miles on it with a tranny that has probably never been serviced.

im stressing out, i love my truck, and i want her fixed, please help, i know how these forums work, there are some smart folks on here. bistow some wisdom on me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190505_114628.jpg (11.0 KB, 9 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 01:16 AM
Native Texan

Garage
Re: Pain in the A**

Well sounds like u have a short the flashing means there is a trans problems and there are codes that could be retrieved with a proper scanner. The fact it is blowing fuses means there is a short somewhere. I would get the codes read and trace the wires from the trans back up to the pcm.

Explosive Diarrhea not ur friend but a great weight loss tool.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 01:24 AM
PSN Veteran

First you'll need to figure out why the #9 underhood fuse keeps blowing. And then once that's fixed, you'll need to read the stored codes in the PCM for why the OD light is flashing (indicates a fault). I've attached a couple of the power distribution diagrams. Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Power Distribution pg11.pdf (201.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: pdf Power Distribution pg14.pdf (225.3 KB, 5 views)

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3Ē DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

ok now its doing something diffrent. if i come to a stop (foot on the brake) in anything, 1,2,d,r it tries to die.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 05:07 PM
PSN Veteran

The stalling could be a bad CPS but with a bad transmission all bets are off until it gets taken care of.

96 F250 XLT 4x4, 4:10 gears, 5 speed, Tymar intake and HX hose, downpipe, pyro and boost guages, coolant filter, Luc clutch
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 06:29 PM
Native Texan

Garage

Could be the torque converter staying locked up also. Solve the trans problems first.

Explosive Diarrhea not ur friend but a great weight loss tool.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 02:28 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

thanks for the tip, but cps is new, engine runs perfect.

dropped tranny have it disassembled. and the overdrive and coast clutchs are fried, the frictions are completely gone, no traces of them. the coast clutch drum has a significant grove in it and the overdrive sprag (plastic) is melted.

also, the plastic on the solenoid pack is melted as well.

so my question is, there is a very small grove in the case, can i reuse it?
maybe a 1/16th or 1/20th of an inch deep. not major. but before i go into reassembly i want to know so i dont ruin all the new parts.
thanks in advanced.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode