HPOP question - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

HPOP question

Hello everyone

I got a 97 f250 356k on the clock my issue is from a light wot my truck Boggs down my torque app reads 1,300 instantly on my HPOP gauge and through the rpms makes it all the way to 2,450 but if I’m cruising and I go wot my HPOP spikes 2,550 instantly and holds 2,490 or so and my truck responds with no issues I have installed
new IPR new ford ICP and CPS I don’t have issues starting it fires right up No miss fires idles smooth has anyone had issues like this before what else could I look at or is my HPOP done for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 12:31 PM
Never Stop Building

Garage
Re: HPOP question

I'm curious about this as well, my truck has some similar issues. It may very well be a fuel restriction? Do you have a way to measure the fuel pressure?

Perhaps off the line you don't build enough fuel pressure quickly, however while cruising, you have sufficient pressure?

- Jason

2000 F-250 Super Duty 4x4 "The Dream Machine"

Carpenter and Japanese Woodworker
Never Stop Building
http://www.neverstopbuilding.com
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

When I bought the truck the fuel pump was bad so I replaced it about 9 months ago I was hoping that was gonna fix the issue but it didn’t past weekend I took the whole fuel bowl out cleaned it up and also took apart the fpr and removed the metal filter that is on top of the return line to the tank just to see if that was the issue and nothing I also have it shimmed I don’t have a gauge to measure the fuel pressure down the road but I did check it at idle and revving it up at the house and I’m having 60-80 psi at idle so I’m honestly at a lost. have you done anything to figure out your issue ?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 06:28 PM
Native Texan

Garage
Re: HPOP question

What is ur Ipr percentage running that will tell alot about how hard the pump is working to build enough pressure. if the ipr reading is always high then the pump is weak.

Explosive Diarrhea not ur friend but a great weight loss tool.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

At idle im at 12-12.4 under wot it maxes out at 34-35

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode