1997 F-250 de-fueling? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

1997 F-250 de-fueling?

Hello all,

Some time back I made a post to ask about why my son's 1997 PSD every now and then seemed like it defueled and the turbo would not work (or maybe just barely). Some good suggestions back the I am sure, but I didn't find my original post. Since then we have de-activated the EBPV (disconnected from solenoid and wired open), added electronic fule, new injectors, etc. The truck still acts up like this once in awhile and the only thing to do is restart, or sometimes if you drive long enough the de-fueling feeling will go away. It actually sort of acts like a governor kicks in, that is how it feels.

Any more suggestions?

Second issue: on occasion the brake light will come on and if in cruise the cruise will shut off. First time that happened didn't know what the heck was going on! I have read on here this could be one of 3 things (1) e-brake sensor or brake itself (checked), (2) something with vacuum (recently replaced the vacuum pump), or (3) something to do with brake fluid sensor. Problem is I don't know how to check the last two. Any help here is appreciated as well.

I anyone has a good Dana 60 front axle on the cheap, let me know that as well!!

Thanks in advance.

1997 F-250 7.3 PSD, 3" downpipe to 4" exhaust, EBPV delete (sort of, disconnected solenoid and wired open), Marty's efuel with fuel bowl delete, baby swamps injectors, probably a few other things I cannot remember.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode