AC system rebuild - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

AC system rebuild

Hi guys, I am replacing the ac compressor, condensor, dryer, evaporator, and all Orings lines and hoses on my 96 F250. After I do this I plan on driving it to my mechanic to have him charge the system properly. My question is: will it damage any of the new components if I install everything and then drive it without any freon or pag oil in the lines? If so, can this be avoided by disconnecting the electrical pigtail from the compressor? Or perhaps by leaving one of the hoses disconnected for air to escape? I don't want to risk putting all these new parts in only to have them get destroyed by driving 5 miles without fluid in the system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 09:17 PM
Native Texan

Garage
Re: AC system rebuild

If the system is working properly then the comp can not engage with out a charge in it. there are switches that prevent the compressor from being engaged.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thank you!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 12:33 AM
PSN Local

roll on u will be fine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode