7.3 rough idle/P0282 code - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

7.3 rough idle/P0282 code

Hello all. Truck is a 1995 F250 and has 111k miles on it with no mods at all. Truck will start sometimes but with a very rough idle/loping and white smoke out of the exhaust. I found a burnt pin on the driver side front UVCH pigtail so I replaced the pigtail and put in a new UVCH and connectors to the GP/injectors. I have also replaced the CPS (tach wasn't moving while cranking) and a new ICP because FORScan gave me a P1280 code for it, that code is no longer showing up. I pulled out the IDM and shook it to see if it had water in it and it didn't, tested all the wiring on the IDM using the test procedure at gbreman.com and everything was within spec except the power-to-injector-ground on the right bank was 3.1 ohms where it should have been OL on my DMM, left bank read correctly. So after installing the new ICP tonight I was hoping it would have fixed it since it cleared the code but it hasn't. So I ran an injector buzz test and it came back with a P0282 #8 Injector Circuit Low. At this point I don't know what else to check or do and I am by no means a mechanic but am willing to try anything else. Would anybody have any suggestions on where I should start next? Thanks for any help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode