Changing signal input of EBP sensor? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Changing signal input of EBP sensor?

Hey Guys,
Looked way back and couldn’t find an answer. It seems for the E4OD trucks a clean EBP sensor circuit may aid in transmission shifting. So what would happen if one used the boost signal rather then exhaust driven pressure signal? I know with an IC, changing the MAP sensor to the hot side of the IC can make a difference for fueling.

Thinking I might cap off the EBP sensor line on top of block and T the sensor into the MAP line just for fun. Whatcha think?
j

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, E4OD 4:10, intake, DP 4” exhaust
Red 97 F250 CC 3:55, D60 Air Locker front, 175/80s, T500, TW files, Tymar, SD I/C, 6.0 fan, E-air, E-Fuel, RSK, SD springs front/rear, 145 litre rear tank (now ZF-5
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 VW Touareg TDi Rawtek exhaust Malone tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 02:29 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Changing signal input of EBP sensor?

I remember some folks doing the opposite (EBP into the MAP) trying for more power with some even designing circuitry to try and optimize the thing, but that's not what you're trying to do here. I have no idea what the programming on these things uses for shift strategy, but we do have inputs for EBP, MAP, and BARO so it could use some or all (and maybe differentials between them). I guess if anyone would know it would be Mark K. You could always try it for kicks! Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3” DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Re: Changing signal input of EBP sensor?

Thanks Patrick,
Mark K I’m thinking would have insight as to inputs for shift strategies. Think I’ll run some line and a T for fun to see if there is a different SotP response. The notion was to see what changes and perhaps reduce having to clean the EBP tube. Which I’ve not even looked at on the Tan truck and it is an auto (for now) AND the shifts could be crisper for sure.
j

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, E4OD 4:10, intake, DP 4” exhaust
Red 97 F250 CC 3:55, D60 Air Locker front, 175/80s, T500, TW files, Tymar, SD I/C, 6.0 fan, E-air, E-Fuel, RSK, SD springs front/rear, 145 litre rear tank (now ZF-5
).

2012 VW Touareg TDi Rawtek exhaust Malone tuned.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode