A/C has no power. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

A/C has no power.

Hello! Im new on the here though i have come to this site before for help. I couldn't find a thread with the answers im looking for. So im sorry if this has been covered before.

My A/C clutch has no power. Fuse is good. I tried to jump the connector out to trick it to come on and, nothing. I followed the wiring harness down stream to the next connector to see if it was damaged or burnt up, it looks to be in good condition. Im not sure where to go from there. If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 12:30 AM
alleged moderator

Re: A/C has no power.

ac clutch gets it power from the low pressure switch. if refrigerant is low, the switch will open and no power will be sent to the clutch

tom
owner of almost to many fords.

If you want the moral high ground, make sure you're not standing on a hill of horsecrap.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

The low pressure switch is what i jumped out. It will come on with that thinking the pressure is correct right? Thats what has worked for me in the past.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 01:12 PM
alleged moderator

it should. are you getting power into the low side switch?
there is also a high pressure switch that will open cutting power to the clutch if something in the system plugs up and head pressure rises over around 400 PSI

tom
owner of almost to many fords.

If you want the moral high ground, make sure you're not standing on a hill of horsecrap.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 10:04 PM
don't play well w others

Low pressure switch is by the dryer
high pressure switch is by the compressor

Charlie
"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 01:37 PM
PSN Veteran

I have had several trucks that the pressure switch connector pigtail on the compressor have had bad connections and caused the compressor to be inoperable. Try wiggling that connection or gently crimping the connectors to get a better connection .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 02:28 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longjonsilver View Post
I have had several trucks that the pressure switch connector pigtail on the compressor have had bad connections and caused the compressor to be inoperable. Try wiggling that connection or gently crimping the connectors to get a better connection .
Yup! Same with mine. Cheers!

97 F250 SC 4x4, E4OD, 4.10 LS, Basically Stock, Relocated Block Heater Plug, Ext Trans Filter, Tru-Cool Max, I/C Mounted but not Plumbed

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW PSD, 5 Speed, 4.10 LS, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3 DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode