97 F-350 ZF-5 Shifter Tunnel Hump - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

97 F-350 ZF-5 Shifter Tunnel Hump

Hello everyone. I’m kind of new here but need some help. Searched everywhere online and cant find much of anything. I just put a new cab on my pickup. The cab is a 97 F-350 full four door. I used a transmission tunnel hump out of a 93 with a zf5 because it was what I had. At first look it looked ok but when I went to put my shift boot on I cant shift into 1st or 2nd. The hole is to far up and to the right. So when you pull the shifter down or to the left it pinches on the side and wont let you go in gear. Long story short does anyone know if the removable tunnel piece was different between late model 93 and 97 pickups? Both are zf5’s. Or is something else wrong? Ive checked motor mounts, trans. Mount, cross member everything looks good and solid and is where it should be. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 06:23 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: 97 F-350 ZF-5 Shifter Tunnel Hump

Can’t say what the interchange-ability is. Did you weld in the hump, or can you loosen it off and reposition or as an alternative can you just move the hole somewhat, by enlarging and or cut one side, patch the other. I’ve had to cut out the floor pan on a 96” Cc to fit the aftermarket Down pipe, patched with light sheet material, used quality seam sealer and pop riveted. Worked perfect for thousands of Kms.
j

Tan white tan 97 ECLB, D60 RSK SD springs front, airs bags rear, E4OD 4:10, intake, DP 4” exhaust
Red 97 F250 CC 3:55, D60 Air Locker front, 175/80s, T500, TW files, Tymar, SD I/C, 6.0 fan, E-air, E-Fuel, RSK, SD springs front/rear, 145 litre rear tank (now ZF-5
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 VW Touareg TDi Rawtek exhaust Malone tuned.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 04:53 AM
csp
PSN Veteran

Did the '93 also have a diesel engine? I wouldn't assume that the shifter would be in the same spot if the donor had a gas engine, despite the transmissions being the same.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 12:30 PM
don't play well w others

Had the same problem when I used a zf in my 89 with a 93 floor pan.
I just trimmed the floor pan where the problem was and moved the boot over, used self drilling screws.
It didn't take much, and the boot still covered the hole

Charlie
"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode